U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 06:25 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,699,848 times

Advertisements

I am really happy about that Hops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 07:35 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,186,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
In many ways "midtown" has become a mini version of downtown in terms of restaurants, bars and nightlife. I think a 10-story residential tower next to the Red Cinemas movie theater will really set a trend of whats to come to the area which is nestled in between downtown and the upscale retail stores and restaurants of Friendly Center.
Not to sound harsh but downtown Greensboro is nice but its not that big. So this "Midtown" must be but so big. Charlotte has a "Midtown" and Raleigh has "North hills" that seems to blend in well with the respective cores. I don't see Greensboro's "midtown" matching to any of the two to be honest.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:29 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,819,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Not to sound harsh but downtown Greensboro is nice but its not that big. So this "Midtown" must be but so big. Charlotte has a "Midtown" and Raleigh has "North hills" that seems to blend in well with the respective cores. I don't see Greensboro's "midtown" matching to any of the two to be honest.
So what? No one said it would. Not everything is a competition with Raleigh and Charlotte.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:07 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,186,198 times
Hey maybe it's just me. I've visited friends in downtown Greensboro and I always had a blast. This is new news to me because I never knew there was a Midtown. When I went they never said anything about it. My apologies and I never ment to affend anyone.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:42 PM

62 posts, read 58,806 times
The "Midtown" designation is relatively young, however the existing centers and stores are very well known to locals. Just ask the lunch crowds at Chipotle, Ghassan's, Brixx, Potbelly, and whatnot. Though I'm not always a fan of Marty's politics (and resulting signs outside his businesses), he's done a bang-up job of keeping Battleground from falling complete victim to being lined with just mattress and vape stores.

Last edited by guyblue; 10-18-2015 at 10:52 PM..

Old 10-19-2015, 09:15 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,320,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyblue View Post
The "Midtown" designation is relatively young, however the existing centers and stores are very well known to locals. Just ask the lunch crowds at Chipotle, Ghassan's, Brixx, Potbelly, and whatnot. Though I'm not always a fan of Marty's politics (and resulting signs outside his businesses), he's done a bang-up job of keeping Battleground from falling complete victim to being lined with just mattress and vape stores.
You noticed that too huh? How about two Mattress Pros literally just a little more than a block from each other?

Old 10-19-2015, 09:19 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,320,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
So what? No one said it would. Not everything is a competition with Raleigh and Charlotte.
Funny how that works. The locals show some pride and support for Winston or Greensboro and some putz rolls in and says "It's not like Charlotte or Raleigh"

Old 10-22-2015, 05:53 PM

4,599 posts, read 4,416,877 times
People need to recognize that each city has its own unique characteristics

Old 10-23-2015, 07:46 PM

58 posts, read 77,979 times
It's amazing how that area has grown in quality and quantity of dining and entertainment in a relatively short period of time. Marshall Freehouse is excellent (smart casual atmosphere and food is top notch) and World of Beer will be a nice addition as well, go Kotis!

It's a good reminder of how big an impact one person can have...loads of cash helps too.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:58 PM

828 posts, read 1,024,724 times
You would think Gate City boulevard is midtown... what with it's abundance of stores, mall, and even a few mid rise buildings. office parks and a High rise tower(28 story kourey convention center)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or