U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:11 PM

627 posts, read 1,863,678 times

Advertisements

I would look around on craigslist: winston-salem apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajean View Post
My husabd is a College Professor and we will be moving to the Winston Salem area by 8/1/09. We plan to rent while we learn the "lay of the land". We are looking for a 3BDR apartment. Assigned parking would be good because of health issues. Very, very nice area is wanted. First floor and no thin walls. Is there a company in the area that can assist us in our search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,630 times
Default Comments on Black Professionals in Greensboro?

I'm not sure where you have traveled in the triad! There are many Black professionals in this area from the mid-twenties up (attorneys, judges, magistrates, educators (all levels) and , ministers, business owners, doctors and healthcare professionals, managers, executives and others. I am a retired (early) business professional. My husband is a professional in the healthcare field. In my circle alone, there are attorneys, a pharmacist, a certified chef, ministers with masters and earned (not bestowed) doctorates, business owners, retired healthcare professionals, real estate professionals, cosmotologists. In addition, there are several churches in the area that are very diverse in their membership. Maybe you need to enlarge your circle.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,630 times
Default Comments on the High Point area!

The presence of the Furniture Market is not that bad. The Market is only a traffic concern two weeks out of the year. Since restaurants have increased in the area, the area is not as affected as it has been in the past. High Point has some great areas. Like any other city, it has its eyesores. Many of the factories are being turned into lofts and condos. I have lived in other areas but I believe High Point is a great city to rear children and retire. If you are looking for nightlife, you may want to look somewhere else. Many young professionals I know live in north or northeast HP and go to Greensboro for entertainment. To me, the triad provides a balanced environment - between the three cities, WS, GSO, & HP. There is sufficient establishments: Educational institutions, entertainment, housing, shopping, etc.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:25 AM

33 posts, read 79,101 times
With all of the replies that were given, I'm not sure that the initial question was answered. How does one gain access to the African American Professional Networks in the Triad.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:46 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,744,459 times
As a black professional in his late twenties I can tell it is kind of hard to find a sizeable amount of black professionals in the triad area. This has to do alot with the industries in the triad area. There are not alot of white-collar professions in the area. The othernite I attended ayoung profeesionals meet and greet hosted by Synergy and the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce and I was the only young black professional there. I counted a total of 5 African-americans overall however they were in there 50's!!! I know you really do not want to live in a big city but if you really want this type of atmosphere I greatly suggest you try Charlotte. It is my home town. If you want to connect get in touch with the Chamber of Commerce

Old 02-28-2009, 02:52 PM

251 posts, read 933,674 times
qc dreamin,

What is your opinion on the Raleigh-Durham Area? Would like to hear your views...

Is it a good area for someone in there late thirties? If they are single?

Also since you are in Greensboro...what is the rep of Bennett? A niece of mine might be
attending there....and another lady I know who is 45 and older is considering going----they are
both living in Arkansas...

My Godmother lives in Charlotte....I have been a few times last time in 96.....I am in California....I am looking
to relocate in a few years perhaps...but I am leaning towards Nashville,TN also considering
maybe Virginia---Hampton Roads Area or Charlottesville.....

I just went thru Greensboro and Raleigh....spent no type of time there....so I didn't know what
to tell my niece about Bennett or Greensboro...

Thanks in advance

Old 02-28-2009, 02:57 PM

251 posts, read 933,674 times
qc dreamin,

I got the idea that Greensboro is mostly a college town due to NCAT-Bennett and UNCG...that
in general people move away after college?

It snowed when I visited way back in 93---so I didn't get to see anything..all I have seen of
Greensboro is a hotel and when I rode the Amtrak from Atlanta to Charlotte....

Seems like Charlotte or Raleigh-Durham is where the Black Professionals move to...

Old 12-01-2010, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,814 times
i have read some of the post here and one in particular stood out about a person relocating from NJ to Greensboro .. well that is my story i have visited this past year and fell in love it's is a notch down from what im used to but i want change for my children and my self im looking for a church home as well as a great school for my two children i have family in Charlotte but don't want to go there i love Greensboro and if anyone has any feed back please feel free to share im a 33 yr old African American single mother with three kids one who will be going off to college this coming year can some one help me out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point