U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2006, 09:29 AM

478 posts, read 1,695,189 times

Advertisements

Looks like GSO is a poorly served airport, with most reasonably priced flights being found out of Charlotte and Raleigh. Am I right? Is there hope for getting better air carriers in GSO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2006, 09:08 AM

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Old 11-17-2006, 09:28 AM

3,574 posts, read 13,115,201 times
My goodness, sugah, just settle yourself down! Land sakes alive! You're going to burst a vessel! Greensboro is a wonderful airport. Prices / flights depend on where you're going to or coming from. Leaving from GSO to Miami - you'll lay-over in CLT. To JFK from CLT, you'll either fly direct or lay-over in GSO or RDU. It just depends - I've flown from both places. Be sweet.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:08 AM

The places I would need to go (family):

DC area
Cleveland/Akron, Ohio
Philly area
Boston

Old 11-17-2006, 05:45 PM

295 posts, read 1,194,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairmetal4ever View Post
The places I would need to go (family):

DC area
Cleveland/Akron, Ohio
Philly area
Boston
Try Expedia.

CLT or RDU will get you the best direct flight options, for sure - but you can obviously get there from most any other airport since the destination airports are relatively large.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:52 PM
SMW

20 posts, read 62,980 times
I recall seeing some article in the Greensboro area newspaper (News and Record -- I think) I'm kind of vague on it, but I think one of the airport higher-ups was complaining that the GSO airport received higher fares from one or more airline carriers and that caused them to lose business because the people in the area were flying out of RDU or CLT airports. You might be able to find that article on the archive pages. It might be something that changes in the coming years, especially if more and more northeasterners move into the area and want flights back home.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:35 PM

127 posts, read 555,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMW View Post
I recall seeing some article in the Greensboro area newspaper (News and Record -- I think) I'm kind of vague on it, but I think one of the airport higher-ups was complaining that the GSO airport received higher fares from one or more airline carriers and that caused them to lose business because the people in the area were flying out of RDU or CLT airports. You might be able to find that article on the archive pages. It might be something that changes in the coming years, especially if more and more northeasterners move into the area and want flights back home.
What the guy in the article probably fails to mention is that GSO charges the airlines higher landing fees and higher lease fees. So, if it costs an airline more to takeoff/land at an airport and pay for thier teminals, they have to charge more for their flights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point