U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 833 times

Advertisements

Help!!!, With Pediatrician that wants to over prescribe ADD medication…I share custody with my ex and the pediatrician that she takes our child to wants to over prescribe ADD medication plus an antidepressant. My ex has always felt like the way to deal with any issues she has with him is to medicate. He is a B+ student with no behavioral issues at school, and nothing major at home. My ex lies about his focus and behavior, plus the Pediatrician is very pro-meds. Does anyone know of a Pediatrician in the Greensboro area that is open to evaluating objectively and isn’t eager to prescribe. Thanks……
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 01:20 PM

774 posts, read 1,616,565 times
Default Maybe your ex likes meth

Dr. Carl Hart says that Big Pharma’s Adderall Is Basically Crystal Meth.

Does your ex like Crystal Meth?

Here's just one article:

Big Pharma

Old 11-20-2015, 12:30 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,937,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
Dr. Carl Hart says that Big Pharma’s Adderall Is Basically Crystal Meth.

Does your ex like Crystal Meth?

Here's just one article:

Big Pharma

Are you kidding? Crystal Meth is made with battery acid, antifreeze, and drain cleaner. I highly doubt that Adderall is "basically" the same thing. Adderall is made from amphetamine, which is used to treat several different things - not methamphetamine.

Stop trying to scare people.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:56 PM

31 posts, read 34,611 times
Pediatricians should not be prescribing ADHD medication without the child's IQ and Mental Executive Function being tested by a Psychiatrist.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:18 PM

15 posts, read 13,379 times
I have known plenty of people to abuse Adderall & Ritalin. I myself have taken them before. Adderall is especially strong, the doctor should try it out. I would only consider giving it to someone, especially a child, under extreme cases. I hope things work out, sounds like you are in a tough spot. Maybe your custody agreement speaks to both parents needing to agree on medical decisions?

Old 12-15-2015, 03:03 PM

19,988 posts, read 18,983,271 times
It would not be a bad idea to seek an additional opinion. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and antidepressant medications can cause adverse effects both short-term and long-term. Over-prescribing these medications could escalate problems. I wonder if a clinical pharmacologist would be beneficial in this situation.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:51 AM

73 posts, read 47,832 times
I'm going through an ADHD problem with school right now. We have struggled with this for years. Finally I am getting the answers I need through a neuropsychological screening in January. This is supposed to be a comprehensive exam for all spectrum of mood/psychotic disorders and ADHD. It also determines if the mood/psychotic disorder is a primary diagnosis or if ADHD is a primary diagnosis. I am so hopefully to finally get the correct medications for the right problem and get the correct therapy geared toward the correct issue. Maybe this is something you might be interested in so you can put to rest any lingering issues of a correct diagnosis.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:56 AM

6,854 posts, read 11,134,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Are you kidding? Crystal Meth is made with battery acid, antifreeze, and drain cleaner. I highly doubt that Adderall is "basically" the same thing. Adderall is made from amphetamine, which is used to treat several different things - not methamphetamine.

Stop trying to scare people.
Crystal meth is different but amphetamines are amphetamines. In adults they are "an upper"- in young people they are a depressant. Make no mistake- you would be giving a young child an amphetamine if you give them Adderall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine

Old 12-17-2015, 11:51 AM

31 posts, read 34,611 times
Hollytree - stop spreading misinformation.

Long-term amphetamine exposure in some animal species is known to produce abnormal dopamine system development or nerve damage but, in humans with ADHD, pharmaceutical amphetamines appear to improve brain development and nerve growth. Reviews of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies suggest that long-term treatment with amphetamine decreases abnormalities in brain structure and function found in subjects with ADHD, and improves function in several parts of the brain, such as the right caudate nucleus of the basal ganglia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisdexamfetamine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or