U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2015, 01:44 PM

12 posts, read 13,002 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a location to host a baby shower for about 100 people. Would prefer a clubhouse-type place or a restaurant. Pretty sure we can't afford Forsyth Country Club. Looking to stay in Winston, though we could do Clemmons ...

Not sure how much activity these threads get, or whether this is a typical question, but thought I would try it.

Thanks in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 01:59 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,808,414 times
100 people is a big crowd. I wouldn't think many restaurants have private rooms that large.

The fact that someone would need to be a member in order to book the space at FCC may be more of an issue than the cost.

The Millennium Center in downtown may be an option: Spaces

Or the Piedmont Club: Private Events | Piedmont Club | Winston-Salem NC

Here's a restaurant...Bib's Smokehouse, that has a private room that can accomodate 100: Hickory Room Bib's Downtown

Old Salem might be a nice location: Rental Facilities | Old Salem

Old 11-04-2015, 02:02 PM

12 posts, read 13,002 times
I meant to mention that we're also open to hotel spaces, if there are any. Thanks.

Old 11-04-2015, 02:17 PM

2,648 posts, read 6,084,360 times
A few suggestions in Clemmons:

Tanglewood Park has several enclosed venues:
https://www.forsyth.cc/Parks/Tanglew...acilities.aspx

Village Inn: The Village Inn Event Center| Winston Salem Hotel and Event Center

WinMock: WinMock at Kinderton - Business Meetings | Weddings

Old 11-04-2015, 03:07 PM

7,278 posts, read 13,523,592 times
The folks above have covered all the suggestions that came to mind for me. Well done, community!

And on the other end of the spectrum (and maybe an odd choice for a shower), Foothills has some nice event space. Welcome | Foothills Brewing Not sure on the capacity, but it's a thought.

Also, depending on the time of year, Mary's Gourmet Diner's outdoor space could be a possibility. My wife went to a shower there, so I know it's something they've done before. And it's a pretty big space. Nothing I could find on their site about it, though. About Us | Mary's Gourmet Diner

And on that note, I haven't been into the former District space since it became The Famous Toastery (is that even open yet?), but the District had its share of private space. Maybe the Toastery does too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or