Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 08:56 PM

9 posts, read 9,698 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, My family and I have been thinking about moving to Winston Salem. We live in Palm Beach Florida and are looking for a change from the year round heat. We are both middle school teachers and are going to start looking for work in Forsyth County public schools. We've researched quite a bit and I am currently in Winston Salem this weekend. I spent all day today driving through Clemmons and also visited Lewisville. My question is, is Clemmons a family oriented neighborhood? I noticed quite a few older families out today mowing their lawns and walking around. Throughout my day I saw how the everyday life is and am wondering if there are a good amount of children in this city. I fell in love with Clemmons west and found that the housing is what were looking for. Are the neighborhoods of Clemmons west and tangle wood good for a young family. We are in our 30's and have 3 young boys. I have read about the schools and they seem to be good. Also, we have a huge 42ft RV and want to be able to keep it on our property for when family visits. Is there a neighborhood that doesn't mind having RV's or boats on the property without having HOA or city issues?. I appreciate any and all feedback. We are planning to make this move this coming summer if everything falls in place. Thank you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 05:19 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,375,458 times
Yes, lots of children in Clemmons and it's very family friendly.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:32 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,154,826 times
I live in Clemmons West, and yes, there are plenty of young families here, and there are lots of great activities and programs for kids. The HOA is voluntary, and as far as I know there are very few restrictions regarding boats or RVs. I know you can't park them on the street, but I'm not aware of any additional restrictions. That said, you will have neighbors who are (rightly) concerned about appearance and property values. As a courtesy to them and the neighborhood in general, it is preferable that boats/RVs would be as unobtrusive as possible. You might also contact the Village Hall at 336-766-7511 to ask about any restrictions--there may be additional rules of which I'm unaware.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:16 AM

9 posts, read 9,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
I live in Clemmons West, and yes, there are plenty of young families here, and there are lots of great activities and programs for kids. The HOA is voluntary, and as far as I know there are very few restrictions regarding boats or RVs. I know you can't park them on the street, but I'm not aware of any additional restrictions. That said, you will have neighbors who are (rightly) concerned about appearance and property values. As a courtesy to them and the neighborhood in general, it is preferable that boats/RVs would be as unobtrusive as possible. You might also contact the Village Hall at 336-766-7511 to ask about any restrictions--there may be additional rules of which I'm unaware.
Thank you Arbyunc, I also visited the oak ridge/stokesville area during my weekend visit and found those areas as good as Clemmons. The home prices in Clemmons are more within reach as we are looking to stay under $250k. Are there any other areas of Clemmons that I should investigate on? Thank you for your help.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:57 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,027,676 times
There are dozens of great neighborhoods in Clemmons, and they are all very family-oriented. You would be fine in just about any of them. You should be able to find something in your price range in Clemmons West, but there are other older neighborhoods (Meadowbrook is one) where you can find a nice home for that price. I would just drive around and see what looks right to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point