Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 10:10 PM

77 posts, read 208,992 times

Advertisements

what city can i find a nice family oriented enviorment,good schools low crime ,homes new or resale in the 180k-225k range with decent lots semi rural racially diverse somewhat im latin wife is african american we have 5 kids and we want to move out of s.fla a.s.a.p!!!! been to raleigh but it seems alot of floridians are going there! charlotte ,winston salem, high point, greensboro, we have no clue of
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 AM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times
You know....I have been hearing that Minnesota, in particular Minneapolis, has most of what you are describing. Thing is, going from Southern Florida to -10 degrees in the winter is gonna hurt for a couple years, I can't lie! I'm not sure about the price range as much, but they are VERY democratic up there so the state focuses alot on family and raising the bottom line for *everyone*

For NC I'm still doing the math myself. It's hard to answer a broad question like that for a large country like ours. Here's how you start though: you start wtih what you DON'T want. You gotta narrow it down. The information's in you, you just got to fish it out.

For me, I don't want coastal or sea-level areas (as a home). I don't want zero lot lines and high HOA fees (or any HOA fees!).

Then write up a list of what you DO want - a home with a yard to fun. NO snow (or snow). MAture trees (or don't care). Live in the middle of a safe city, or live on the outskirts of the city, in the burbs. Things like that.

You'll also want to look at crime stats - Black on black crime, white on white crime, etc, what kinds of crimes, drug crimes, rapes and murders. ASK AROUND where the dangerous areas are and stay away! Apparently now, realtors are not allowed to tell you what areas to stay away from (some kind of law maybe?), but they will often say things like...."if it were me and my kids, I'd want to live northwest of the city." Follow the hints!

I lived in Jacksonville, FL and man what a DIVE! I actually had some people in my HS passing out KKK flyers!! That was back in 1987. I couldn't WAIT to leave there.

I think this forum, website, and the information it so diligently provides has really helped me more than anything in discovering info about different places.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:10 AM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemiami1170 View Post
what city can i find a nice family oriented enviorment,good schools low crime ,homes new or resale in the 180k-225k range with decent lots semi rural racially diverse somewhat im latin wife is african american we have 5 kids and we want to move out of s.fla a.s.a.p!!!! been to raleigh but it seems alot of floridians are going there! charlotte ,winston salem, high point, greensboro, we have no clue of
It seems like *everyone* is going there. Every 3rd person seems to be a transplant.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 AM

4 posts, read 14,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemiami1170 View Post
Reidsville, Stokesdale, Kernersville, and Eden are all good, relatively small areas just outside of or near Greensboro that, from what I gather, fit the description of what you're looking for. We just moved here from Indiana and love it!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:39 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
Oak Ridge, Summerfield, Clemmons and Lewisville are also good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point