U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2006, 02:55 PM

9 posts, read 86,157 times

Advertisements

Thank you to everyone that has helped me with my questions. I have some more...
1. I am planning on attending Forsyth Tech CC in the fall to start their radiation therapy program... that is if I get accepted. They said on their website, out of 70 applicants only 8 are accepted!! I am scared! Does anyone know the reputation of the school? If most of those apply are undergrads and those right from high school? My boyfriend says that I should be ok since I will have my degree in May. I should be one step ahead.. but 8?
2. I have been looking apartments online and I also have looked at apartment rating.com.... does anyone know of nice apartments for $400-550 for a one bedroom? One place called Madison Hall or something has the highest rating for my price.. but thats in Clemmons, would that be an ok drive everyday? and is Clemmons nice?

Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2006, 04:31 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,117,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyk View Post
Thank you to everyone that has helped me with my questions. I have some more...
1. I am planning on attending Forsyth Tech CC in the fall to start their radiation therapy program... that is if I get accepted. They said on their website, out of 70 applicants only 8 are accepted!! I am scared! Does anyone know the reputation of the school? If most of those apply are undergrads and those right from high school? My boyfriend says that I should be ok since I will have my degree in May. I should be one step ahead.. but 8?
2. I have been looking apartments online and I also have looked at apartment rating.com.... does anyone know of nice apartments for $400-550 for a one bedroom? One place called Madison Hall or something has the highest rating for my price.. but thats in Clemmons, would that be an ok drive everyday? and is Clemmons nice?

Thank you!!!!

Where are you coming from? Our out of state tuition is horrendous. Many of the Allied Health programs have slews of applicants for very limited # of slots and are extremely competetive. You will hava a degree in what come May? - Have you talked to the career placement counselors at your school? Do a little research on your own and get some career planning assistance. You can google NC Careers - that may help. Or the national RRT association information. Good luck.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:42 PM

9 posts, read 86,157 times
I will have a degree in Health Education and two minors: gerontology (older adults) and communication disorders.
Yes I am coming from out of state- MI. I know the tuition is expensive but, its what I am paying here at my school so, no change for me. I have good grades, and I will have a degree and letters of recommendations, everything. What else do I need? What are they looking for that its so hard?
Thank you

Old 02-06-2007, 12:19 PM

75 posts, read 356,948 times
FTCC is a good school. Good luck finding any apartment under $700 in a non-crime are in Winston-Salem. It is cheaper to buy a new small, suburban home than rent in Winston-Salem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point