U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-05-2008, 02:18 PM

719 posts, read 2,077,795 times
Question New Home Communities of the Greensboro area, Triad

Hi all! Can anyone recommend a good home community that has new homes with more than 1700 sqft for 156k and under? I know alot of folks don't do basements don't this way, but if you know of a floorplan that has one, would you mind letting me know? We are going to need a 3BR with Loft or a 4BR.

Right now I'm looking at some K. Hovnanian homes that I really love. They seem to be building NE of GBO, off of 29. There are also some homes in Whitsett but it seems pretty remote to me. I'd love to say near the supermarkets and CVS with a new baby coming along. *happy sigh*

I can't wait to Move!! It's going to be so exciting!!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 12:22 PM

525 posts, read 1,325,862 times
K Hov builds a good home. You should look at some of the stuff in Reedy Fork Ranch up 29 near Brown Summit. Good resale prices too.

Whitsett has a CVS and a Food Lion and whole shopping centers going up. Close to GSBO and Burlington, in case you got split families (one works in one town, one another) and need to be close to both towns.

Let me know if I can help- Good luck!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:52 PM

Yes, Reedy Fork looks interesting. That whole area East of the Lakes. 29 doesn't looks bad to me. I live in the DC metro area and I relaly don't like it here. I'm not from here - not from anywhere really, but everywhere: my Dad was in the Navy and we moved ALOT! When I got older I kept up the trend. As global as DC likes to think it is, it's pretty rude and closed-minded in my book.

Enough ranting! Sorry. :P Yes, I bet you could help. I'm interested in those new homes by KHov and Wade Jurney, the models that go up the 150's. But I don't know anything about how to find foreclosures. Can you give some information on that? We don't mind distressed properties, and it seems to me it would help the economy some if we invested in them. Am I right or way off base?

I'm not an "investor" I'm just a student-wife-mom who is relocating to the NC area with her loving husband who works at a bookstore. Feel free to private message me anything you like. Thanks yourhometriad, I appreiate the response so much! This board can be really slow....I was active on the Raleigh board for a long time, because that's where we planning on moving, then the possible transfer of Greensboro came up- and real soon! :O

Looking forward to your response ~ Happy Days,
Angie

Old 04-04-2008, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,789 times
Default 826 North English Street, Greensboro NC.

Hi, I am looking at a beautiful part brick and part board house located at this address 826 North English, Greensboro NC. in a nice area, but I am having difficulty to contact the owner if he/she is selling it? I am interested in buying it. Could you assist me in finding the property owner?

Last edited by Glenn Sankoh; 04-04-2008 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: Finding new home to buy

Old 04-04-2008, 04:16 PM

13 posts, read 31,690 times
go to the county tax records office

Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 PM

bumping this up - anyone have any input on their new homes in Greensboro or the other parts of the Triad? Post it here!

Old 08-05-2008, 12:34 PM

619 posts, read 1,266,302 times
Second Reedy Fork. Starmount Corp. (formally owned Friendly Center) is throwing all their money behind it. It's a good investment IMHO.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:37 PM

They really need to build a decent shopping area out there, a supermarket would be nice!

Old 08-05-2008, 01:01 PM

619 posts, read 1,266,302 times
I think a shopping area is in the works, you need to call an agent to find out the details.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:34 PM

40 posts, read 83,462 times
I just moved to Whitsett, into the Brightwood Farms community and I love it here! The shopping is really not that far about a 3-5 minute drive up Burlington Road is all the shopping you need. They have a Lowes, and much much more over there and then a few minute from there by the I40 is more stuff like Office Max, Best Buy and more. And then for close by stuff they have the CVS, Food Lion and some other shops right around the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point