U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 12:55 PM

779 posts, read 2,931,139 times

Advertisements

Up in this area some more natural supermarket chains are "Whole Foods" and then there's "Wegmans." I see on the Greensboro map there is something called "Fresh Market." Does anyone know anything about it? If you've ever been to a Whole Foods or a Wegmans (or even a Trader Joe's), is it anything like that? Is it largely overpriced? I love fresh bread and exotic cheeses, as I'm an amateur gourmet aficionado....! yum! I LOVE FOOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 01:07 PM

2,031 posts, read 6,138,691 times
Default Fresh Market

Fresh Market is more like a European type market. The seafood, meats, etc seem to be much fresher than the chain stores. There is a sushi bar, bakery with fresh breads, pastries, etc. They seem to have a wider selection of produce, especially more exotic fruits. There is a good assortment of prepared foods catering to the gourmet shopper. The Fresh Markets I have visited seem to be a bit smaller than the larger chains.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:14 PM

There's a small sushi bar inside? Score! Bakeries for bread are really important. I certainly don't mind small. Wegmans, for all it's magical selection, is really too big for me. I just become immobilized in that size of a grocery store.

Does Fresh Market have a good deli section, you think?

Old 02-07-2008, 07:57 PM

17 posts, read 81,395 times
Just an FYI there is a Trader Joe's in Chapel Hill if you really need a fix. lol and Fresh Market has a website...just google them!

Old 02-08-2008, 02:34 PM

676 posts, read 2,801,846 times
There is a Trader Joe's in Charlotte too. I personally just go to Whole Foods rather than Fresh Market. Fresh Market is nice, I just find more at Whole Foods. I have actually driven to Charlotte and Cary for Trader Joe's and stock up.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:21 PM

247 posts, read 916,455 times
There is a Whole Foods on Miller St in Winston and a Fresh Market on Robinhood Rd in Winston as well.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:48 AM

38 posts, read 122,888 times
Default Totally my question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
Up in this area some more natural supermarket chains are "Whole Foods" and then there's "Wegmans." I see on the Greensboro map there is something called "Fresh Market." Does anyone know anything about it? If you've ever been to a Whole Foods or a Wegmans (or even a Trader Joe's), is it anything like that? Is it largely overpriced? I love fresh bread and exotic cheeses, as I'm an amateur gourmet aficionado....! yum! I LOVE FOOD.

How could I have forgotten that. Yea, here in DE we have Trader Joes, and Whole Foods right over in PA (wish there was like 5 more). Both of them are costly here but I will make exceptions for alot of Whole Foods items that I probably wouldn't in Trader Joes, suprisingly I get alot of bang for the buck at Whole Foods--not to mention way more than the four bags worth I get at ACME for nearly 60-70 bucks, how the heck. Im curious to see your answers.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:38 AM

Yeah, Whole Foods has a wonderful choice variety of breakfast granolas/muesli that you can bag up as much as you like, or as little. I did just check the Fresh Market website and they seem to have this option too! I'm totally stoked!!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:44 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,302,282 times
Earth Fare, which is located on Battleground Ave in Greensboro, is very similar to Whole Foods with natural, organic, & conventional foods along with fresh baked items.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:11 PM

10 posts, read 62,932 times
Default I remember Wegmans

I used to live in Buffalo...I remember Wegmans (I just remember..I used to work at Wegman's lol)....Whole Foods is more specialized and much more expensive. I miss the good breads up north....you just don't get that good stuff down here in Winston-Salem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point