U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 PM

62 posts, read 58,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Planner View Post
Yuck.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Consistently ranks in comparisons for most unhealthy entrees, crowded, loud, and overrated. With that being said, it will certainly bring in people from all over the Triad who, like sheep, want to go somewhere both flashy and mediocre for their birthday.

No thanks, I'll pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 09:17 PM

239 posts, read 213,627 times
As a growing city isn't this what we want? They chose Greensboro and there are only 4 cf in the state Greensboro being one of them.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:02 PM

62 posts, read 58,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
As a growing city isn't this what we want? They chose Greensboro and there are only 4 cf in the state Greensboro being one of them.
I guess you could say it's a toss-up.

While there is the draw of getting a big name chain to choose us and boost business (*cough* Trader Joe's, which I think could totally revitalize the area around the desolate shopping center on W. Market across from the Sheetz near Starmount, but that's for another topic), I can easily think of at least 8 locally-owned restaurants where'd I'd rather drop $30-$50 for a meal for two. I don't have a huge issue with franchised restaurants either, as a lot of those are regionally owned.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:47 AM

7,279 posts, read 13,532,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner222 View Post
Like craft beer I think CF is overrated and overpriced. It will be very popular!!
Oof. Conflating a couple of different things there. I mean, craft beer comes in a wide array of styles, and lots of them are local. If CF was a beer, it'd be something like Blue Moon. There are worse options, but it's widely available and there's nothing very special about it.

And I am pretty ambivalent about this announcement, just like most people posting here. It's really hard to get excited about a chain, generally, and CF, in particular, has never done much for me. Then again, I suppose it's nice to be getting something that's not in every city, even if the fascination some have with CF baffles me.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:49 AM

I do agree I'd rather eat other locally owned places. But from a growth stand point I think this is huge! Charlotte only has one cf Raleigh 1 Durham 1 and now we are getting one. It's a step in the right direction I think.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:01 AM

7,279 posts, read 13,532,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
I do agree I'd rather eat other locally owned places. But from a growth stand point I think this is huge! Charlotte only has one cf Raleigh 1 Durham 1 and now we are getting one. It's a step in the right direction I think.
If you say so

Old 02-17-2016, 11:19 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,236,039 times
You people crack me up!

Complaining because the Cheesecake Factory serves unhealthy foods!

1) They're called the CHEESECAKE FACTORY.
2) They have salads and grilled chicken sandwiches on the menu. You CAN find healthier choices there.

They serve too much food!

1) It's called leftovers.
2) Ask your waitress to put half of your order in a take home box and you eat the other half at the restaurant. How hard is that?

They're over-priced.

From the prices I've seen online, they're about in line with ever other sit-down restaurant in Greensboro. If you're paying $17 for a plate of pasta and it's "over-sized" you can easily get two meals out of it, which means you've spent $8.50 per meal. I've spent more than that at Subway!

They're a chain restaurant!

So what? It is a chain restaurant that is bringing in more jobs and a different place for folks to eat at. And, it's at a great location.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:48 PM

67 posts, read 103,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyblue View Post
I guess you could say it's a toss-up.

While there is the draw of getting a big name chain to choose us and boost business (*cough* Trader Joe's, which I think could totally revitalize the area around the desolate shopping center on W. Market across from the Sheetz near Starmount, but that's for another topic), I can easily think of at least 8 locally-owned restaurants where'd I'd rather drop $30-$50 for a meal for two. I don't have a huge issue with franchised restaurants either, as a lot of those are regionally owned.

I've never quite understood Market street. Much like state street and golden gate area,
There seem to be times when these areas seem to be riding high and then other times its like people just stopped going there. Much of Greensboro feels like 'places people just quit going to except for that one place'
Sorta like Jan's house in that Market street shopping center.

I personally love all these 'other' areas, and would love to see them revitalized.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
You people crack me up!

2) They have salads and grilled chicken sandwiches on the menu. You CAN find healthier choices there.

2) Ask your waitress to put half of your order in a take home box and you eat the other half at the restaurant. How hard is that?

They're over-priced.

From the prices I've seen online, they're about in line with ever other sit-down restaurant in Greensboro. If you're paying $17 for a plate of pasta and it's "over-sized" you can easily get two meals out of it, which means you've spent $8.50 per meal. I've spent more than that at Subway!

So what? It is a chain restaurant that is bringing in more jobs and a different place for folks to eat at. And, it's at a great location.
I couldn't agree more. Bringing in good jobs and attracting more positive attention to Greensboro is always a good thing in my opinion. No negatives at all they picked us!

Old 02-17-2016, 06:40 PM

113 posts, read 88,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
You people crack me up!

They're over-priced.

I think it's just "cooler" to be contrary sometimes, especially on this board. I'm considering going vegan, but if a reputable steak house were to open in town I wouldn't rush to Citydata to complain because its not my personal cup of tea. A sign of a good city is that its able to attract establishments that the city's demographics want. I think everyone agrees CF will be successful here and welcome by a big enough portion of residents. Not sure what the down side is unless people think it would be better for Greensboro to get overlooked for these establishments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point