U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 06:41 PM

7,278 posts, read 13,525,158 times

Advertisements

I, for one, am not complaining. Why would I complain that a business wants to set up shop? I'm just saying that I, as one solitary voice, have a hard time getting excited about it and don't really see what the fuss over CF is all about. I worked a few blocks from one for years and I think I went twice (co-worker birthdays and such). It was fine. Not great, not bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 09:21 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,305,804 times
The one in Raleigh has pretty cool people from what I remember; they will 'pay it forward' with the pagers. As you know the waiting time can be long. My wife and I were with another couple. Another group of 4 were seated when they handed us their pager and told us the name it was under- cut our wait time in half. When it was our turn to be seated I passed our pager off to another group of 4 who came in after us.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:42 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,923,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
You people crack me up!

Complaining because the Cheesecake Factory serves unhealthy foods!

1) They're called the CHEESECAKE FACTORY.
2) They have salads and grilled chicken sandwiches on the menu. You CAN find healthier choices there.

They serve too much food!

1) It's called leftovers.
2) Ask your waitress to put half of your order in a take home box and you eat the other half at the restaurant. How hard is that?

They're over-priced.

From the prices I've seen online, they're about in line with ever other sit-down restaurant in Greensboro. If you're paying $17 for a plate of pasta and it's "over-sized" you can easily get two meals out of it, which means you've spent $8.50 per meal. I've spent more than that at Subway!

They're a chain restaurant!

So what? It is a chain restaurant that is bringing in more jobs and a different place for folks to eat at. And, it's at a great location.

I think it's great to get a CF (although I was never all that impressed with it)...it mostly only opens in larger cities and does signify a step in the right direction; BUT, it was voted the unhealthiest US eatery in a few different rankings: ​Cheesecake Factory dinged as unhealthiest U.S. eatery - CBS News

"The watchdog group Center for Science in the Public Interest has named the chain as the winner of its Xtreme Eating survey, noting that three of the country's nine most calorie-heavy dishes in its list are served at the company's restaurants."

Old 07-25-2016, 08:26 PM

421 posts, read 293,370 times
Cheesecake Factory announces opening date for Greensboro location - Greensboro News & Record: Davis: Retail Therapy

So we'll have our Cheesecake Factory on October 18. Only two and a half more months to wait.... and maybe another couple months if you don't want to wait an hour for a seat on a weeknight.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:05 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,305,804 times
I wonder how many BBT jokes the staff have to tolerate these days?

Old 07-30-2016, 09:04 AM

820 posts, read 1,014,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest1960 View Post
I've never quite understood Market street. Much like state street and golden gate area,
There seem to be times when these areas seem to be riding high and then other times its like people just stopped going there. Much of Greensboro feels like 'places people just quit going to except for that one place'
Sorta like Jan's house in that Market street shopping center.

I personally love all these 'other' areas, and would love to see them revitalized.
i think market is amazing because it's like taking a step outside of the "us" fanta city is definitely on my favorite shopping malls in NC..maybe even thr south east.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:07 PM

17 posts, read 14,947 times
The. Cheesecake Factory is terrible. It is only slightly better than the always awful P.F. Chang's.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:30 PM

3,114 posts, read 4,146,756 times
PF Chang’s is much better

Old 03-10-2018, 02:25 PM

240 posts, read 226,161 times
Different strokes for different folks, but I've grown to dislike big chains like these. I'd much rather enjoy a cheesecake from a specialty bakery analogous to something like Cheesecake's by Alex. Chain food isn't particularly spectacular and Cheesecake Factory is no different. Hell, the cheesecake is the best thing on the menu, tbh.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:30 PM

4,580 posts, read 4,398,216 times
The only thing is that it's hard getting over paying 8 dollars a slice. I can get two hot meals for that price at Walmart. Cheescake in general has always been expensive. Its cheaper to learn how ro make your own haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point