U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 12:12 PM

62 posts, read 58,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nita0312 View Post
Different strokes for different folks, but I've grown to dislike big chains like these. I'd much rather enjoy a cheesecake from a specialty bakery analogous to something like Cheesecake's by Alex. Chain food isn't particularly spectacular and Cheesecake Factory is no different. Hell, the cheesecake is the best thing on the menu, tbh.
I’m with Nita. I’m always down for some Chipotle or maybe some Wendy’s on the go, but life is too short to waste it at a chain (Applebee’s, O’Charley’s, etc.). There are too many better alternatives in our area to waste my time at these places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 09:43 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,230,719 times
Well, I will say my wife picked up a piece of chocolate cheesecake for me the other night from the Cheesecake Factory and it was to die for! I didn't (couldn't) eat it in one sitting anyway, so I got two desserts out of that one piece of cheesecake. In all honesty, I probably could have sliced it into threes and got three desserts out of it, but I tried my best to eat as much of it as I possibly could the other night lol! It is expensive, but it's pretty expensive to eat out in general. Heck, I even spent $11 at Subway the other day (well, I had a $10 gift card so I spent $1, but I digress) getting a foot long sub, chips, drink, and a cookie. I used to be able to get all of that for about $8. Not anymore.

I think when you're going to eat out, especially at a sit down place, it's more about paying for the privilege to get out of the house, away from the kids, and away from a little stress. You pay for the atmosphere as much as you pay for the food itself. Such as like guys going to Hooters. They pretty much pay to see girls in those Hooters uniforms rather than the food, because let's face it, the food sucks. I'm pretty sure it's probably the same deal with Twin Peaks.

Cheesecake Factory is really no more or less expensive than any other sit down place you're going to go to. I do still stand by my statement a year or so ago that having a CF is a privilege, and it can be a tourist attraction of sorts as well, because not every city has one. And it's popular enough that if you're not from around here and you don't know where to go for a nice dinner out, you do know CF and you know it's a bit more "special" as opposed to going to Outback or Applebee's.

But anyway, I've found it very expensive, in general, to out and eat. I've learned not to go out very hungry, because I'm going to insist on getting my own entree. Usually winds up costing my wife and I at least $50 when we go out for dinner, at a nice restaurant. Certainly more if it's a 5 star place like Ruth Chris.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:51 AM

552 posts, read 309,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Well, I will say my wife picked up a piece of chocolate cheesecake for me the other night from the Cheesecake Factory and it was to die for! I didn't (couldn't) eat it in one sitting anyway, so I got two desserts out of that one piece of cheesecake. In all honesty, I probably could have sliced it into threes and got three desserts out of it, but I tried my best to eat as much of it as I possibly could the other night lol! It is expensive, but it's pretty expensive to eat out in general. Heck, I even spent $11 at Subway the other day (well, I had a $10 gift card so I spent $1, but I digress) getting a foot long sub, chips, drink, and a cookie. I used to be able to get all of that for about $8. Not anymore.
I'm with you there. Their cheesecake is some of the best i've ever had. I didn't even like cheesecake until I had theirs. I go for the plain cheesecake with cherry topping...unbelievably good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point