Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 04:22 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times

Advertisements

PTI airport in Greensboro is one of three sites being considered for a major company looking to expand operations. It looks like it's a pretty big deal. Construction on a large airplane taxiway over a future segment of I-73 opening up hundreds of acres of land for the airport could help seal the deal. Its being called *a “very, very big endeavor” The Airport is currently home to the Mid-Atlantic FedEx Hub and the world headquarters of Honda Aircraft Company and its jet factory.

GCEDA and Airport Officials Trying To Land Major Project - Rhino Times

Last edited by gsoboi78; 03-31-2016 at 05:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 07:37 AM

239 posts, read 306,003 times
Probably another airplane company looking to expand. Hope we get it

Old 04-02-2016, 05:23 AM

I also find it interesting that there is a link between the airport and the Greensboro- Randolph mega site which is looking more and more like a focus on aviation than automobile manufacturing. If Greensboro plays its cards right, the city could become a major aerospace hub or aerotroplis on the same level of some other major cities across the country. This could also spin off other industries and hi tech manufacturing in the area.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:51 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times
I hope they ask Winston-Salem/Forsyth County for an investment! LOL! I'm sure they have learned their lesson on that one...fool me once, etc.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:29 PM

I guess the real question is whether or not the recent actions by the general assembly and governor signing a bill that discriminates against gays and transgendered people will have any affect on this company's decision. One company has already cancelled plans to open up operations in Durham. The NCAA is already talking about boycotting by not hosting NCAA events in the state which would mean Greensboro would not host NCAA tournament games next year.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:43 AM

239 posts, read 306,003 times
I believe they are going to eventually veto that law just like Georgia did. It would cost nc way to much we can't afford that.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:22 PM

398 posts, read 498,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
I hope they ask Winston-Salem/Forsyth County for an investment! LOL! I'm sure they have learned their lesson on that one...fool me once, etc.
Investment? Do you mean "incentive"? What are you referring to by "fool me once..."?

Old 04-03-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
I believe they are going to eventually veto that law just like Georgia did. It would cost nc way to much we can't afford that.
Who is "they"? What do you mean by "veto"? Gov. McCrory signed the law, so he isn't going to veto it. The general assembly would have easily overridden his veto anyway.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I guess the real question is whether or not the recent actions by the general assembly and governor signing a bill that discriminates against gays and transgendered people will have any affect on this company's decision. One company has already cancelled plans to open up operations in Durham. The NCAA is already talking about boycotting by not hosting NCAA events in the state which would mean Greensboro would not host NCAA tournament games next year.
Actually, the company has said they are "revisiting" their decision to open the facility. No announcement regarding a cancellation of the project has been made.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:47 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
Investment? Do you mean "incentive"? What are you referring to by "fool me once..."?

Promise of certain things if an investment is made into the Greensboro-Winston-Salem airport from back in the day that just never seemed to materialize. Forsyth County and Winston-Salem were once equal partners in this venture and it was supposed to be seen as a joint venture, but then we started noticing things like airport abbreviation becoming GSO and being called Greensboro Airport - stuff like that. We were investing $$$ and being left out of the limelight. They even came back begging us for more $$$ not long ago and I believe that one was rejected. There will by no more joint efforts toward that airport...I think the next step is to begin commercial flights from Smith Reynolds Airport in Forsyth County and forget about that one on the Guilford/Forsyth border to the east.

There is a whole contentious history of deals between W-S and GSO over the airport, and W-S didn't get the good end of any deal...so I think it's pretty much over between us but for some reason they still have the nerve to inquire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point