Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 06:37 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,222,091 times

Advertisements

After the announcement of a High Point location Publix may be coming to Greensboro

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...ing-first.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 01:28 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Publix coming to Greensboro will definitely change up supermarket participants in Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Lowe's Foods, and Walmart Neighborhood Market. I doubt the store that may be proposed for Brassfield Shopping Center will be the only store planned.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:31 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Publix coming to Greensboro will definitely change up supermarket participants in Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Lowe's Foods, and Walmart Neighborhood Market. I doubt the store that may be proposed for Brassfield Shopping Center will be the only store planned.
Doubtful, IMO.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:00 PM

I doubt the doubtfulness of the Greensboro grocery market changing up. Publix and Walmart Neighborhood Market has eliminated Food Lion stores in other markets. Lowe's Foods is deciding which direction it wants to go. Harris Teeter is stepping up with fuel and possibly Harris Teeter Marketplace hypermarket stores through Kroger's ownership.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:01 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,222,091 times
Publix will eventually become old news. Now everyone wants a Wegmans

Old 08-31-2016, 09:47 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,054,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
My guess is that we aren't far away from getting Wegman's. They announced early this year that Wegman's was going to Cary and it looks like they may even get a 2nd location soon after. I can't imagine it'll be more than 3 or 4 years before they're announcing expansion to Greensboro and/or Winston Salem.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:56 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I doubt the doubtfulness of the Greensboro grocery market changing up. Publix and Walmart Neighborhood Market has eliminated Food Lion stores in other markets. Lowe's Foods is deciding which direction it wants to go. Harris Teeter is stepping up with fuel and possibly Harris Teeter Marketplace hypermarket stores through Kroger's ownership.
As it stands for Gboro, Publix won't be going into Food Lion's demographic as most are concentrated in lower income areas so that theory is out. To date WM has only put one store directly across from a FL. The other two are not close enough to matter. Lowes, well who knows as many of the stores are undergoing yet another remodel. Lowes does seem to be content being where nobody else is.
I don't know what markets you refer to FL being run out of but, FL has 14 locations & HT has 9 locations in Gboro. WM and Publix will have their work cut out for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Right? It's mainly the transplants doing the whining. News 2 wasted a bit on a Florida transplant who (allegedly) wrote an editorial in the N&R accusing council of impeding grocers from building in Greensboro. He was upset because, you guessed it, no Publix.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
My guess is that we aren't far away from getting Wegman's. They announced early this year that Wegman's was going to Cary and it looks like they may even get a 2nd location soon after. I can't imagine it'll be more than 3 or 4 years before they're announcing expansion to Greensboro and/or Winston Salem.
Wegman's opens approximately three stores a year. That is very slow growth when compared to steady growth like Publix.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:37 AM

97 posts, read 227,525 times
Publix will never be old news...still doing very well in Winston-Salem as well as TraderJoe's. They just broke ground for the new German based grocery store Lidl on Peters Creek Parkway near Stafford Village Blvd (Walmart area).

Seems like Winston-Salem leaders are more progressive than the leaders in Greensboro...hence Trader Joe's, Publix, Mast General Store & Lidl all chose to build in Winston-Salem instead of Greensboro. Not being from this area...that is just an opinion (I am and will always be a Charlottean).

Winston-Salem may be smaller but also seems to have a larger/better medical & arts presence too.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:58 AM

108 posts, read 131,738 times
I would have to agree. Winston Salem has a great arts and med feel. I am like the last poster where i was born and raised in Charlotte and now live in advance. I think Winston even though smaller is trying to make that push to be bigger and attract more people esp younger professionals. Winston is not content to sit still and be who they are in the present and I like that. Being from Charlotte I was nervous about moving to the winston area because it is so much smaller then charlotte but i like what Winston has to offer. They are trying to do more and bring in more jobs and places to buy things/eat at
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point