U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 12:27 PM

22 posts, read 54,122 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to move out of Davie County for a while now - waiting on house to sell. I would like to know if anyone has info, or knows where to get, info on market conditions? Things seem to have slowed to a crawl, builders have all broke camp and headed elsewhere, and no showings in a while. We are not overpriced or anything, and I don't need basic realty info or pitches, I would just like a site or two where I can look up stats, trends and forecasts. Also curious how it's going for any other sellers in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 03:28 PM

247 posts, read 916,673 times
We live in Davidson county and our house has been on the market for about 7 months and no bites. The houses are simply not moving in our area at all. In fact, it's at a standstill. Our agent told us that the market may pick up at the end of February. Mortgage companies have told us that they do not see the housing market improve until September.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:52 PM

13 posts, read 49,570 times
Hi,

Are you in the Advance area or further out towards Mocksville. We are just now coming into the selling season so don't give up quite yet. I am a real estate broker in W-S and it has started to get busy for me. You may need to review your pricing with your agent to make sure you are in a good price range. If there are repairs that need to get done to your house I would go ahead and complete them to make you more competitive. There is quite an inventory of homes and the better placed your house is as far as condition and price the sooner you will sell. Good luck. Moderator cut: tos violation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 03-03-2008 at 03:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point