Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 12:34 PM

892 posts, read 3,161,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
SHHHH
dont sell it TOO well--we dont want people rushing over here too fast--

lol, my kinda poster!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 12:51 PM

3 posts, read 7,962 times
Thumbs up What it's like to live in Mebane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintergreen View Post
[FONT=Arial]Can anyone offer an opinion on Mebane? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]How's the commute to Durham or Greensboro[/FONT]?

Thanks
In answer to your question about Mebane, it is a wonderful community and growing all the time. Of all the places to reside around here, Greensboro, Burlington, Durham.. Mebane is the best choice !!! It is very family oriented, with easy commute to Durham, Greensboro and about 10 to 15 minutes to Burlington. In Mebane there isn't the problem of any really bad areas like Burlington, or Greensboro or even Durham. It is a very peaceful small town with a lot to offer. I have lived in all the cities I mentioned and I would never move back to any of them. Mebane is really a great place to live or work. I have been here 8 years and will never leave here.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:45 PM

54 posts, read 153,118 times
Default Mebane

Sounds like a great place. Will be looking toward that way in the comming weeks. Any jobs in the area, work in the pharmaceutical/chemical business for 20 + years so any places to look for jobs asside from RTP. How long is the commute to RTP anyway. I was looking in Wake Forest/Rolesville and like the area alot, but the traffic at times is crazy in that area.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:14 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,925,589 times
It's about 30 miles from my house in Mebane to RTP, probably 30-40 minutes I guess. BD has a location in Burlington that wouldn't be too far and would have less job competition from Triangle/RTP folks.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:25 PM

11 posts, read 25,340 times
Default Commute times are great

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgn020157 View Post
Sounds like a great place. Will be looking toward that way in the comming weeks. Any jobs in the area, work in the pharmaceutical/chemical business for 20 + years so any places to look for jobs asside from RTP. How long is the commute to RTP anyway. I was looking in Wake Forest/Rolesville and like the area alot, but the traffic at times is crazy in that area.

Try LabCorp in Burlington. They are a huge employer in Alamance County. Even if you work in RTP, you are only looking at a 30-45 min commute. The traffic coming from East Raliegh is much worse than the traffic comming from the West.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:46 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Really.....La Cocina alone is worth the price of admission!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:22 PM

31 posts, read 96,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Really.....La Cocina alone is worth the price of admission!!!

I LOVE that place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wife is partial to Dick & Janes downtown...............or is it Uptown?

Last edited by dimecovers3; 01-09-2010 at 10:41 PM..

Old 01-10-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimecovers3 View Post

Uhhhhhh, perhaps, in town.-----?

Old 01-11-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmcofc15 View Post
From the Orange County side of Mebane you can be at Duke in about 15 to 20, Southpoint in 20, and Chapel Hill in 20 to 25. The nicest thing is not having any of the traffic that you see in Cary/Raleigh/Apex...even Durham to some extent. Several but not to many new Developments going up in and around Mebane. You are able to buy new homes in Orange County at a great value compared to the rest of the County (Ex: Hillsborough, Chapel Hill) If Buckhorn Village gets built there will be a mall slightly smaller than Southpoint about 3 miles from downtown. Great place to live.
Except of course, when it comes to paying land taxes. The Orange County side is much more expensive in that regard, but...better schools, if you have children of school age.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimecovers3 View Post

just out of curiosity, have you tried their Burrito Grande? Yeah, I know the menu says with either beef or chicken, BUT!!! if you say, "I'd like your Burrito Grande filled with Carnitas please" they will do that. (Carnitas are these little chunks of pork simmered in "who knows what" but, they are absolutely delicious, very tender and possibly addictive.) It is quite big and they do to-go-boxes well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point