Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 09:00 PM

69 posts, read 135,467 times

Advertisements

From my research I would say:
Whitaker
Sherwood Elem
Jefferson Elem

Does anyone disagree? Basically you want to be in zone 5 or 6 correct? Thank you in advance. We are trying to find a home in WS that will allow us to send our child to the best public school possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 04:10 AM

18 posts, read 17,527 times
how about Brunson Elem School?

Old 04-25-2017, 11:00 AM

25 posts, read 26,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles1169 View Post
From my research I would say:
Whitaker
Sherwood Elem
Jefferson Elem

Does anyone disagree? Basically you want to be in zone 5 or 6 correct? Thank you in advance. We are trying to find a home in WS that will allow us to send our child to the best public school possible.
I am doing my own research into schools in the Greensboro area and was wondering if you still say Jefferson is one of the top three? I found bad reviews for it in 2016 so I wasn't sure. Any information would be appreciated.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:05 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,380,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCollins View Post
I am doing my own research into schools in the Greensboro area and was wondering if you still say Jefferson is one of the top three? I found bad reviews for it in 2016 so I wasn't sure. Any information would be appreciated.
There is a Jefferson Elementary in both Greensboro and Winston-Salem. 2 different schools, 2 different cities, 2 different school districts.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:38 AM

25 posts, read 26,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
There is a Jefferson Elementary in both Greensboro and Winston-Salem. 2 different schools, 2 different cities, 2 different school districts.
Thank you. I did not realize. This process is proving to be more frustrating than I had hoped it be. I appreciate the information.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:07 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCollins View Post
Thank you. I did not realize. This process is proving to be more frustrating than I had hoped it be. I appreciate the information.
The "WSFC" In the title of the thread refers to Winston-Salem Forsyth County (school system).

Old 05-02-2017, 06:21 AM

12 posts, read 12,360 times
Clemmons Elementary is the best.

Brunson is good if your child is in the Highly Academic Gifted program, otherwise...no.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:17 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunMun View Post
Clemmons Elementary is the best.

Brunson is good if your child is in the Highly Academic Gifted program, otherwise...no.
Clemmons is good. As are Lewisville and Vienna, if you're getting into the suburbs.

In Winston proper, Meadowlark and the Downtown School are both highly regarded, as are the aforementioned Whitaker, Sherwood, and Jefferson.

And I'd agree, Brunson is very good for its gifted program, but I've heard mixed results on the school as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point