Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 01:44 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,468,896 times

Advertisements

I wouldn’t call The Streets at Southpoint in Durham an ‘upscale’ mall, either. It definitely isn’t downmarket like Northgate (which is a ghost town), but it doesn’t have that many actual Upscale tenants; that mall is purely mid-market with Mayberry an affluent store or two thrown in for good measure. If you’re staying in NC, then Southpark is pretty much the only option in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 04:36 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,882,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Harder to see how you could post a bunch of internet marketing pictures and expect anyone to seriously consider that to be a factual comparison of the 2 malls.

At times, I wonder who's paying him.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:22 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,033,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I said it was more upscale in appearance. Its not an upscale mall. As far as having upscale stores. Friendly Center is the only place in the area.
As far as appearance goes, that's simply a matter of opinion. But I don't choose my malls due to the perceived "upscaleness" of the decor. As it is, I only go to the mall two or three times a year.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:36 AM

26,993 posts, read 43,568,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
I wouldn’t call The Streets at Southpoint in Durham an ‘upscale’ mall, either. It definitely isn’t downmarket like Northgate (which is a ghost town), but it doesn’t have that many actual Upscale tenants; that mall is purely mid-market with Mayberry an affluent store or two thrown in for good measure. If you’re staying in NC, then Southpark is pretty much the only option in the state.
It doesn't get much more upscale in shopping mall tenants than what Southpoint offers and to call it "mid-market" indicates an unfamiliarity with the retail industry. Current tenants such as Anthropologie, Brighton, Brooks Brothers, Cole Haan, Crate & Barrel, Lilly Pulitzer, Michael Kors, Nordstrom, Origins, Pottery Barn, Sur La Table, Tumi, Vineyard Vines, West Elm and Williams Sonoma are quite upscale and in that concentration definitely elevating the center above "mid-market".

Old 01-04-2019, 09:08 PM

6,152 posts, read 7,180,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
It doesn't get much more upscale in shopping mall tenants than what Southpoint offers and to call it "mid-market" indicates an unfamiliarity with the retail industry. Current tenants such as Anthropologie, Brighton, Brooks Brothers, Cole Haan, Crate & Barrel, Lilly Pulitzer, Michael Kors, Nordstrom, Origins, Pottery Barn, Sur La Table, Tumi, Vineyard Vines, West Elm and Williams Sonoma are quite upscale and in that concentration definitely elevating the center above "mid-market".
I would agree its more on the upscale end. Those are the kind of stores that are at Friendly Center in Greensboro

Old 01-05-2019, 02:17 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,947,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I would agree its more on the upscale end. Those are the kind of stores that are at Friendly Center in Greensboro
i actually thought he was describing friendly center lol...

Old 02-25-2019, 11:51 AM

377 posts, read 277,398 times
Took another trip to Hanes Mall the other day. There were some new stores that I was impressed with . One was called lunch box. And one was called Blake Ryan. I think that was the name of it. Was weird seeing the Dave and Buster's wall up were they were going to be building at. They really did take out alot of stores for it.some like Spencer's have moved to other areas in the mall. Still wish hanes mall would revamp the interior of the mall. Oh and it was weird seeing Hallmark merged with Meryl Norman...i always thought Hallmark was doing good so not sure why they now have a tiny aera carved out in Meryl Norman's store..and still weird to see 2 bath and body works stores but guess it's working for them even though they probably are paying to places to rent.over all it was nice seeing new life in the mall!

Old 01-09-2020, 04:34 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,468,896 times
According to multiple news sources, Macy’s is planning to close their Hanes Mall location

https://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...96904964a.html

https://www.wxii12.com/article/macys...osing/30446233

Old 01-10-2020, 06:54 AM

185 posts, read 197,869 times
Oh that's sad news.. I hope Novant dont buy that up too, because I don't want to see the mall become one big extension of the hospital .... But maybe that's the sad reality for malls.. they will just be huge buildings with public services and no stores to shop in. Also can't believe the World Market is closing. always loved looking around in that place. Perhaps that was the issue..alot of people looking and not buying. But their prices points were a bit high then what they needed to be on most items. What I dont understand is why the opened one back up in Greensboro just a year ago ? I wonder if its performing good or will have the same fate. Guess time will tell...

Old 01-10-2020, 12:28 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,033,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfromnc View Post
Oh that's sad news.. I hope Novant dont buy that up too, because I don't want to see the mall become one big extension of the hospital .... But maybe that's the sad reality for malls.. they will just be huge buildings with public services and no stores to shop in. Also can't believe the World Market is closing. always loved looking around in that place. Perhaps that was the issue..alot of people looking and not buying. But their prices points were a bit high then what they needed to be on most items. What I dont understand is why the opened one back up in Greensboro just a year ago ? I wonder if its performing good or will have the same fate. Guess time will tell...
A lot of World Market shoppers are willing to drive to get there. I suspect the World Market opening in Greensboro took away a fair chunk of the customers from the Winston Salem location as Greensboro and High Point shoppers didn't have to drive as far anymore. My guess is that Greensboro's location is safe for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point