U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 10:56 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,236,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Basically an outdoor shopping mall meant to resemble downtowns. They typically have green spaces, fountains and Cafe seating.

The Streets at South Point in Durham is a hybrid of an enclosed mall and a lifestyle center.

One was planned around the movie theater near Four Seasons but today the land sits vacant with utility pipes sticking out of the ground.
Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 05:20 PM

97 posts, read 191,618 times
I don't think Hanes Mall will ever sink to the levels of Four Seasons in GSO...

Old 07-28-2018, 05:00 PM

826 posts, read 1,021,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte2Advance View Post
Not true at all, after the construction and completion of Round 1 in place of one of the old dead anchors, Four season as a whole has seen a dramatic increase in activity.

Hanes could benefit from doing something like four seasons did with Making a massive entertainment venue an anchor. Round one pretty much

Old 07-28-2018, 08:22 PM

421 posts, read 294,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Not true at all, after the construction and completion of Round 1 in place of one of the old dead anchors, Four season as a whole has seen a dramatic increase in activity.

Hanes could benefit from doing something like four seasons did with Making a massive entertainment venue an anchor. Round one pretty much
For what it's worth, they already are with Dave and Buster's. Round One is a bigger venue (in fact, Greensboro's Round One is close to the size of big city D&B locations). Dave and Busters is a bigger and more well known name but the Winston-Salem location is going to be VERY small compared to the average location.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
For what it's worth, they already are with Dave and Buster's. Round One is a bigger venue (in fact, Greensboro's Round One is close to the size of big city D&B locations). Dave and Busters is a bigger and more well known name but the Winston-Salem location is going to be VERY small compared to the average location.
any entertainment venue is better than none, Large or small.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:35 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,749,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte2Advance View Post

Let's hope not. Good gracious.

Four Seasons is a glorified flea market at this point.

Starting to resemble the old Carolina Circle Mall when it was on its last legs. Dunno if the bowling alley is helping at all.

Old 11-11-2018, 11:01 AM

So iv’e conducted a study, traveling to four seasons and Hanes mall 3 times a week for the last 2 months.

Okay, first off people are exaggerating completely....aswell as outright lying.

Four seasons is fine, in fact it has way more foot traffic than it had back in 2011 when I first moved to Greensboro.

Hell I can barely find parking on most days, unless I park on the south entrance...which is also full, or the deck.

they keep the inside maintained nice and clean, it’s bright and welcoming with lots of natural lighting and well placed artificial lights.

my last visit I strolled around all three floors, never at any point did it feel like it was on it’s “last legs” as there was energy and pedestrians everywhere.

If anything it’s the complete opposite, Hanes actually feels like it’s dying, From my visits it had no where near the amount of foot traffic that I experienced at four seasons.

The lighting is also pretty dim, however the setup is still modern unlike oak hollow.

Parking was a breeze though, unlike four seasons.

I also asked locals where they like to shop, a lot of people from Hanes either said friendly center or four seasons, vs people in Greensboro that just said “here”

At the end of the day it comes down to location.

Four seasons is down the street from the coliseum area and right beside a convention center
Also very close to UNCG, so it gets a lot of college students and tourists from out of town aswell as locals, It’s also benefitting greatly from being right beside i40.

Hanes mall, is not near any of that, and it shows in the amount of low tier stores and empty store fronts, so some of you are in huge denial. Or you just hate that four seasons is doing way better even with it’s sketchy past.

But at the end of the day facts are facts, I conducted this study to get the facts and I got them.

And after my study I can say that:

Four Seasons is alive and well, just abit too crowded.

Hanes mall is showing it’s age, it needs something big to attract more people.

Four seasons had more younger people, vs Hanes that had more middle aged or older people.

Hanes felt empty with less energy and pedestrians on average per visit, wether it was Tuesday, Saturday or Monday every visit was the same outcome.

Four seasons is too crowded, while that is a good thing it’s also bad when it comes to petty crimes by younger people, ie teens.

Last edited by GSOCitizen; 11-11-2018 at 11:22 AM..

Old 11-12-2018, 06:19 PM

4,594 posts, read 4,410,307 times
Quote:
So ivíe conducted a study, traveling to four seasons and Hanes mall 3 times a week for the last 2 months.

Okay, first off people are exaggerating completely....aswell as outright lying.

Four seasons is fine, in fact it has way more foot traffic than it had back in 2011 when I first moved to Greensboro.

Hell I can barely find parking on most days, unless I park on the south entrance...which is also full, or the deck.

they keep the inside maintained nice and clean, itís bright and welcoming with lots of natural lighting and well placed artificial lights.

my last visit I strolled around all three floors, never at any point did it feel like it was on itís ďlast legsĒ as there was energy and pedestrians everywhere.

If anything itís the complete opposite, Hanes actually feels like itís dying, From my visits it had no where near the amount of foot traffic that I experienced at four seasons.

The lighting is also pretty dim, however the setup is still modern unlike oak hollow.

Parking was a breeze though, unlike four seasons.

I also asked locals where they like to shop, a lot of people from Hanes either said friendly center or four seasons, vs people in Greensboro that just said ďhereĒ

At the end of the day it comes down to location.

Four seasons is down the street from the coliseum area and right beside a convention center
Also very close to UNCG, so it gets a lot of college students and tourists from out of town aswell as locals, Itís also benefitting greatly from being right beside i40.

Hanes mall, is not near any of that, and it shows in the amount of low tier stores and empty store fronts, so some of you are in huge denial. Or you just hate that four seasons is doing way better even with itís sketchy past.

But at the end of the day facts are facts, I conducted this study to get the facts and I got them.

And after my study I can say that:

Four Seasons is alive and well, just abit too crowded.

Hanes mall is showing itís age, it needs something big to attract more people.

Four seasons had more younger people, vs Hanes that had more middle aged or older people.

Hanes felt empty with less energy and pedestrians on average per visit, wether it was Tuesday, Saturday or Monday every visit was the same outcome.

Four seasons is too crowded, while that is a good thing itís also bad when it comes to petty crimes by younger people, ie teens.
I agree. Four Seasons is not a flea market nor is it on its last leg. Being Greensboro's only indoor mall now, it will continue to be successful.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I agree. Four Seasons is not a flea market nor is it on its last leg. Being Greensboro's only indoor mall now, it will continue to be successful.
Bro I almost busted out laughing when I seen that ďglorified flea marketĒ lol...

I took 2 months to come up with these results, I probably would have got the same results in a week but I had to see for myself on weekly basis, since Iím constantly traveling back and fourth between Greensboro and Winston.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:52 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,749,694 times
Quote:
Bro I almost busted out laughing when I seen that ďglorified flea marketĒ lol...

I took 2 months to come up with these results, I probably would have got the same results in a week but I had to see for myself on weekly basis, since Iím constantly traveling back and fourth between Greensboro and Winston.
yall are sounding delusional. I know of no one going to Four Seasons anymore... a friend of mine went recently just because I was talking about the gross decline (he hadn't been in years), and he literally sent me photos or all the disrepair in the mall. He said he'd never go back again.

Stop being homers and be real. Please. Much better for mental health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point