Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2017, 05:19 PM

6 posts, read 4,119 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My grandma is flying in from Europe and will be spending couple days with me in Greensboro. I was wondering if there are anything in the Triad area ( or a little further like Asheville or Triangle area ) that would be fun and entertaining for elderly . My grandma is 85 yrs old and can't walk much so unfortunately I can't take her on hikes to the many state parks/ forests/ greenways around the triad areas that I have enjoyed so much. She also does not speak English at all, so that kind of lower the amount of things that comes to my mind.
I'm open to any ideas/ suggestions y'all might have since I've lived here for a little over a year only, I do not know everything there is to do and see.

thanks in advance for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 06:19 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,380,824 times
I'm having a hard time coming up with much that one could enjoy if they don't speak english and aren't very mobile. Maybe Weatherspoon Art Museum at UNC-G has wheelcahairs and you could push her around there?

Weatherspoon Art Museum

The Greensboro Science Center is a zoo, aquarium and museum, and has wheelchairs available:

Greensboro Science Center

Old 10-30-2017, 10:46 AM

511 posts, read 510,926 times
The Blue Ridge Parkway has lots of overlooks with parking areas. You can get lots of great views without any hiking.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:50 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
If she's interested in history she might like Old Salem in Winston-Salem. I don't think she'd have to understand English that much to appreciate the re-enactors in their historical costumes.

Home | Old Salem

Old 10-30-2017, 11:13 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,380,824 times
Old Salem isn't very friendly for those who don't walk well. Its hilly, has some cobblestone streets, lots of steps into buildings, etc.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:36 AM

6 posts, read 4,119 times
Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far, I'm going to dig more into it and hopefully find something fun for her to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point