U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 08:41 AM

62 posts, read 59,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post

I imagine they'll being playing Queen's We will Rock you between innings in High Point.

Rock Me Amadeus - Falco...Rock With You - Michael Jackson. Ugh, the list goes on.

As for BB&T's exhausting shtick of naming sports venues, locally, don't forget the BB&T Soccer Complex at Bryan Park in NE Guilford and the BB&T Sports Park in Advance/Bermuda Run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 04:20 PM

432 posts, read 300,497 times
https://www.highpointrockers.com/

So it's official, the home debut of the High Point Rockers will be May 2. No word yet on who they play or anything like that. In fact, divisions haven't even technically been announced yet. The Road Warriors played in the Liberty division last year, but the Liberty division also seems to encompass the three northern-most teams while the four southern most teams play in the Freedom division. On the flip side, York and Lancaster are the two northern most teams in the Freedom division and I doubt the league will want to break them up since that's a nice natural "rivalry".

We'll see soon enough. I'm ready to have some baseball right in my home town and will definitely have to take in at least one game next season.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:51 PM

862 posts, read 1,045,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
https://www.highpointrockers.com/

So it's official, the home debut of the High Point Rockers will be May 2. No word yet on who they play or anything like that. In fact, divisions haven't even technically been announced yet. The Road Warriors played in the Liberty division last year, but the Liberty division also seems to encompass the three northern-most teams while the four southern most teams play in the Freedom division. On the flip side, York and Lancaster are the two northern most teams in the Freedom division and I doubt the league will want to break them up since that's a nice natural "rivalry".

We'll see soon enough. I'm ready to have some baseball right in my home town and will definitely have to take in at least one game next season.
rockets..would have been my prefered choice, but rockers is not so bad though.

Regardless, congratulations to highpoint!

Old 10-02-2018, 03:57 PM

2,962 posts, read 2,052,534 times
Am I alone in liking the name?

The Rockers reflect High Point's history as a furniture city but is also an upbeat term used to describe something done well. I.E. Did you hear about High Point's new baseball team? They clobbered that other team. Yeah, they're really rockin' it!

Last edited by Jowel; 10-02-2018 at 04:27 PM..

Old 10-02-2018, 06:37 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,117,898 times
The name is ok...I just hope they don't use the rocking chair as a main focus in apparel and souvenirs. I don't think the rocking chair image goes particularly well with what would be hoped to be a competitive, energetic baseball team. It will certainly have no bearing on how frequently I attend games - that will be determined by the quality of play, the overall experience, and my availability.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:52 PM

2,962 posts, read 2,052,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
The name is ok...I just hope they don't use the rocking chair as a main focus in apparel and souvenirs. I don't think the rocking chair image goes particularly well with what would be hoped to be a competitive, energetic baseball team. It will certainly have no bearing on how frequently I attend games - that will be determined by the quality of play, the overall experience, and my availability.
I can see how someone could interpret it that way. It just goes to show that picking a name/mascot that appeals to the masses and speaks to local character is a little bit like trying to mate a unicorn and a platypus in order to come up with something extraordinary.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:51 AM

232 posts, read 166,974 times
Rockers is okay. I was really hoping they would be the High Point Hush Puppies.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:51 AM

94 posts, read 86,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Rockers is okay. I was really hoping they would be the High Point Hush Puppies.
I run the risk that you're being sarcastic here, but I seriously thought I was the only one who was hoping for that name. Even if it's a food, we could have had a great dog mascot. Now we get a rocking chair.
A. rocking. chair.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:25 AM

232 posts, read 166,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL77 View Post
I run the risk that you're being sarcastic here, but I seriously thought I was the only one who was hoping for that name. Even if it's a food, we could have had a great dog mascot. Now we get a rocking chair.
A. rocking. chair.
No, I'm serious! Savannah Bananas and Montgomery Biscuits also come to mind. Me and all my friends were really hoping for Hush Puppies.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:09 PM

432 posts, read 300,497 times
https://www.highpointrockers.com/schedule

So the Rockers will play in the Liberty division against the Long Island Ducks, the New Britain Bees, and the Somerset Patriots. But the opening game will be against the defending Atlantic League of Professional Baseball league champion Sugar Land Skeeters.

Still no word on the prices of individual game tickets, but home plate box season tickets with a 1 year commitment are $11/game. So I would guess we're probably looking at $14-16/game for those seats. Outfield box seats with a similar one year commitment are $8/game, so probably about $11-12 per game for those seats is my guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or