U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-09-2019, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,663 posts, read 4,501,299 times
Reputation: 1515

Advertisements

3 story mixed use office development to be built behind center field of the ballpark. The building is expected to be completed by April 2020. The three-story, 52,000-square-foot building will have retail stores and a restaurant on the first and second floors. Offices will take up the remaining portion of the second floor and all of the third floor.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne..._news_headline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-10-2019, 12:05 AM
 
30,247 posts, read 27,830,841 times
Reputation: 18806
I guess securing naming rights for minor league ballparks is BB&T's thing huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 04:55 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,663 posts, read 4,501,299 times
Reputation: 1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I guess securing naming rights for minor league ballparks is BB&T's thing huh?
Yeah I know right. At least its not being called BB&T Ballpark to add to the confusion with the ones in Charlotte and Winston-Salem. BB&T Point is kind of unique. I'm amazed how fast they got this stadium off the ground and associated development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
1,259 posts, read 2,129,624 times
Reputation: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Yeah I know right. At least its not being called BB&T Ballpark to add to the confusion with the ones in Charlotte and Winston-Salem. BB&T Point is kind of unique. I'm amazed how fast they got this stadium off the ground and associated development.
Two words: Nido Qubein. lol

I'm excited for another baseball option. I'm about 20 minutes from both HP and WS stadiums, and just a little farther from G'boro's. The Point seems quite a bit smaller than BB&T Ballpark in WS, but I think capacity is fairly close (5,500 for WS, 5,000 for HP)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,663 posts, read 4,501,299 times
Reputation: 1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Two words: Nido Qubein. lol

I'm excited for another baseball option. I'm about 20 minutes from both HP and WS stadiums, and just a little farther from G'boro's. The Point seems quite a bit smaller than BB&T Ballpark in WS, but I think capacity is fairly close (5,500 for WS, 5,000 for HP)
I think the capacity fits High Point. Doesn't need to be as large as Greensboro's or Winston-Salem's. However. A High Point ballpark will attract fans from Archdale and Thomasville. The Rockers will attract a larger fan base than the HiToms. New stadiums tend to do that. I'm sure some folks from Greensboro and Winston-Salem will attend games too out of curiosity and a change from games in their home towns.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 01-10-2019 at 08:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,663 posts, read 4,501,299 times
Reputation: 1515
The office building will be completed in 2020. The ballpark will be complete this May.



The building will be called Market Center. This is actually 1 of 5 buildings planned around the ballpark. In addition to the 5 buildings, Greensboro developer Roy Carroll will build a hotel. Im amazed at how quickly High Point is making all this happen. Most cities it takes years. Very exciting for downtown High Point.

https://www.wxii12.com/article/ellio...Ggdo5TbzZR8z4g

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 07:51 PM
 
439 posts, read 308,787 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The office building will be completed in 2020. The ballpark will be complete this May.



The building will be called Market Center. This is actually 1 of 5 buildings planned around the ballpark. In addition to the 5 buildings, Greensboro developer Roy Carroll will build a hotel. Im amazed at how quickly High Point is making all this happen. Most cities it takes years. Very exciting for downtown High Point.

https://www.wxii12.com/article/ellio...Ggdo5TbzZR8z4g
Were they trying to obscure the Old Dominion logo to not tip their hand as to who the main tenant will be? If so, they did a poor job.

That said, this looks really nice. I wonder what the "sports bar and grill" would be. I'm guessing it will be some kind of chain. Hopefully it'll at least be something that's a step ahead of Applebees. I'd really love for a Yardhouse to come to the area, but I would imagine that something like that would be Greensboro or Winston-Salem bound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2019, 08:19 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,010 posts, read 2,087,180 times
Reputation: 6092
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Two words: Nido Qubein. lol

I'm excited for another baseball option. I'm about 20 minutes from both HP and WS stadiums, and just a little farther from G'boro's. The Point seems quite a bit smaller than BB&T Ballpark in WS, but I think capacity is fairly close (5,500 for WS, 5,000 for HP)
I think the BB&T Ballpark in Winston-Salem also looks much larger because of sitting up on an hill from the Business 40 view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2019, 02:05 AM
 
Location: North Greensboro
887 posts, read 1,068,845 times
Reputation: 330
https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...igh-point.html

Non payed article(surprisingly)

Carroll pulls out of highpoint stadium project.

An agreement was never met.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2019, 04:58 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,663 posts, read 4,501,299 times
Reputation: 1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...igh-point.html

Non payed article(surprisingly)

Carroll pulls out of highpoint stadium project.

An agreement was never met.
Looks like one developer is building everything. Carroll is used to having control over his own projects and it seems he couldn't reach a deal with the master developer.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 01-15-2019 at 05:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top