U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2006, 09:29 AM

5 posts, read 42,948 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to relocate to the Guilford County area from Syracuse, Ny. Along with that comes finding a job. I have a couple questions. Where is the best place to look for teaching/coaching jobs in that area. What are the best suburbs in the county to live. I'm just out of college so I can't really afford these huge expensive houses that i am constantly hearing about. I'd like to also know where i could look at townhouses. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2006, 09:58 AM
JAS

569 posts, read 1,775,691 times
Default schools

Guilford and Forsyth counties are relatively large school systems. Other nearby ones would be Davidson or Randolph counties, depending on where you live in Guilford.

There are a lot of affordable townhome communities in the area - some are on or near Battleground Ave in GSO near the Guilford Courthouse park; some are near Bryan Blvd. There is a nice mostly-brick townhouse community called Oak Ridge Meadows near Guilford College - you can get a 2/3 bedroom, all-brick, virtually new townhouse for about $130k-$150k. I'm not sure how the airport expansion will affect that community (potentialy more airplane noise, but probably not a big deal).

Adams Farm is in SW Greensboro, and there are also townhouses on that side of town off Wendover Ave near all the big-box stores.

In short, you won't have a problem finding a townhome or small house in Greensboro.

The NW part of the county outside of GSO doesn't have much in the way of townhouses, but I've seen some small houses in the $160-$170k range - but those aren't very common (27310 ZIP code). NW Greensboro, however, has some nice and relatively affordable communities such as River Hills (search the 27410 ZIP code for NW GSO).

North High Point also has a LOT of new and affordable communities (27265 ZIP code) - it is a popular area for people relocating to the area since it is convenient to everywhere in the Triad.

Old 04-26-2006, 05:57 PM

61 posts, read 219,454 times
Hi JAS. What town in Guilford County do you live? I am just over the county line into Rockingham just on the other side of Summerfield, near GSO National Golf Course.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:08 PM
JAS

569 posts, read 1,775,691 times
Default nj-nc

I live in the Oak Ridge area - I sent you a private message.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:16 PM
ebl

2 posts, read 9,741 times
Default Moving to Summerfield or Oak Ridge

My family and I are moving to Summerfield or Oak Ridge from Orlando Florida. We are looking at a community east of Summerfield call Ridgewood.
I have recently found news about the airport expansion and we are worried that the airport noise could be bad in this area. Can anyone comment about the airport noise around Summerfield and Oak Ridge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nc-2005 View Post
Hi JAS. What town in Guilford County do you live? I am just over the county line into Rockingham just on the other side of Summerfield, near GSO National Golf Course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point