U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 12:25 PM

239 posts, read 213,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
Charlotte is centrally located to the Carolinas which has a population of 15 million with 9 million of that within the hour or so range. So how exactly is the Triad a better location?
Where are you getting your numbers from to say Charlotte is with in a hour of 9million people? I'd like to see them. Charlottes metro and the triad equal around 4.5 million people so where is the other 4.5 coming from within a hour? 🤔 Not Greenville that's a hour and a half not Columbia sc not ashville. The triad is the only metro of over a million with in a hour from Charlotte. The triad is with in a hour range of around 7million people and that number is growing fast also the triad is with in a hour and change from 3 international airports that's why I said its centrally located in nc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 01:00 PM

29,940 posts, read 27,365,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
Where are you getting your numbers from to say Charlotte is with in a hour of 9million people? I'd like to see them. Charlottes metro and the triad equal around 4.5 million people so where is the other 4.5 coming from within a hour? 🤔 Not Greenville that's a hour and a half not Columbia sc not ashville. The triad is the only metro of over a million with in a hour from Charlotte. The triad is with in a hour range of around 7million people and that number is growing fast also the triad is with in a hour and change from 3 international airports that's why I said its centrally located in nc.
You originally said the Triad has a "better" location which is highly debatable. I seriously doubt if anyone disputes that it is the most centrally located metro in NC however.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:12 PM

oh ok then we are on the same page lol. I was just saying that to say normally metro areas with in a hour of two other major metro areas like raliegh and Charlotte will see a lot of growth just like Columbia my did. If I was a a huge company I'd want my headquarters in the middle of 7million people in one of the fastest growing states. Only other area you can get that close to so many people is probably ny or Cali and a few others.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:28 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,438,238 times
Quote:
oh ok then we are on the same page lol. I was just saying that to say normally metro areas with in a hour of two other major metro areas like raliegh and Charlotte will see a lot of growth just like Columbia my did. If I was a a huge company I'd want my headquarters in the middle of 7million people in one of the fastest growing states. Only other area you can get that close to so many people is probably ny or Cali and a few others.
Nope. Cities with larger a larger population in a 100 mile radius greater than G'boro are literally too many places to even name... Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, NYC, Hartford, Boston, etc., etc.

All of which ignores the FACT that it means nothing, economic development-wise.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:39 PM

666 posts, read 579,066 times
Quote:
Where are you getting your numbers from to say Charlotte is with in a hour of 9million people? I'd like to see them. Charlottes metro and the triad equal around 4.5 million people so where is the other 4.5 coming from within a hour? �� Not Greenville that's a hour and a half not Columbia sc not ashville. The triad is the only metro of over a million with in a hour from Charlotte. The triad is with in a hour range of around 7million people and that number is growing fast also the triad is with in a hour and change from 3 international airports that's why I said its centrally located in nc.
I said a hour or so, so we'll say 1.5 to be more precise. And since you brought it up Greensboro is 1.5 hrs away from Charlotte. So some parts of the Triad Metro fall within that range just like parts of the Greenville-Spartanburg & Columbia metro area. The point is that Charlotte is more centrally located to a larger population & their's no disputing that

Old 06-01-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Nope. Cities with larger a larger population in a 100 mile radius greater than G'boro are literally too many places to even name... Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, NYC, Hartford, Boston, etc., etc.

All of which ignores the FACT that it means nothing, economic development-wise.
I thought I said a hour? You can make it a 100 miles in a hour?

Old 06-01-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
I said a hour or so, so we'll say 1.5 to be more precise. And since you brought it up Greensboro is 1.5 hrs away from Charlotte. So some parts of the Triad Metro fall within that range just like parts of the Greenville-Spartanburg & Columbia metro area. The point is that Charlotte is more centrally located to a larger population & their's no disputing that
If we are talking a hour and a half then that changes everything because that adds fayatville Roanoke va and a bunch of other metro areas that's why I didn't do 1.5 hrs. I can be near Richmond in a hour and a half from Greensboro so are we including Richmond in the equation? All I was saying is no other area in nc is within a hour of as many people as the triad that's all and it's true. That alone could promote growth of the triad ever changes its ways.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:26 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,438,238 times
Quote:
I thought I said a hour? You can make it a 100 miles in a hour?
Changes nothing. All the places I mentioned, and dozens more, have a greater population than G'boro within an hour. And by the way, the number for G'boro is nowhere near 7 million.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Changes nothing. All the places I mentioned, and dozens more, have a greater population than G'boro within an hour. And by the way, the number for G'boro is nowhere near 7 million.
I'm sorry I don't remember saying just Greensboro I was talking about the triad in general the area. I don't think you did any research you just want to argue it looks like. doesn't change the fact that from the triad you can reach around 7million people in around a hour. I live in whitsett and can get downtown raliegh in 50mins and downtown Charlotte in 1hr 10mins do it once a week for both. Charlotte residents can not get to a metro big as ralieghs in a hour matter fact they can't get to a metro larger then 1million people in a hour 10mins. I love Charlotte but that's a fact.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:56 PM

666 posts, read 579,066 times
Quote:
If we are talking a hour and a half then that changes everything because that adds fayatville Roanoke va and a bunch of other metro areas that's why I didn't do 1.5 hrs. I can be near Richmond in a hour and a half from Greensboro so are we including Richmond in the equation? All I was saying is no other area in nc is within a hour of as many people as the triad that's all and it's true. That alone could promote growth of the triad ever changes its ways.
And I'm saying your wrong but it's doesn't matter either way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or