Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 08:23 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,480,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
When does that expand to generally available fibre optic ?
Or at least ANY other vendor than Spectrum ?
I live near Jonestown Rd x US 421 and have AT&T fiber internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 06:14 AM

4,537 posts, read 6,341,798 times
W-S is one of the South's Best College Towns, according to Southern Living.

https://www.southernliving.com/souths-b ... lege-towns

2. Chapel Hill
18. Winston-Salem
19. Durham

Old 03-10-2022, 08:56 AM

102 posts, read 120,272 times
Too bad Wake Forest wants nothing to do with the city

Old 03-10-2022, 11:23 AM

368 posts, read 268,967 times
Just wondering what makes u think that @catmountalum2004??? I never really paid attention to how WFU interacts with the city .. or maybe they don't and that's why I never paid attention...lol.. but never really thought about it till now!

Old 03-11-2022, 08:01 PM

886 posts, read 697,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Just wondering what makes u think that @catmountalum2004??? I never really paid attention to how WFU interacts with the city .. or maybe they don't and that's why I never paid attention...lol.. but never really thought about it till now!
Its not true. WFU is very integrated into the city. Look at how they've supported the Innovation Quarter (originally the WAKE FOREST Innovation Quarter).

Old 03-14-2022, 09:28 AM

102 posts, read 120,272 times
I was referring to the college more so than the business side of WF or the medical side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Its not true. WFU is very integrated into the city. Look at how they've supported the Innovation Quarter (originally the WAKE FOREST Innovation Quarter).

Old 03-14-2022, 11:19 AM

Guess the same could be said for uncg in greensboro too. U don't see them really doing anything around the city, thats not focused on one of their facilities. Heck hpu same way.. I sure wish Winston looked like it does now, when I lived there back in early 2000s. People in my circle during those early years were clawing their way out, to get to Greensboro and Charlotte . All everyone would talk about was how Greensboro or Charlotte was on their radar . .. now they all clawing to get back into Winston.. does make me wonder what the future does hold for Winston, once it grows as much as in can and fully developes.. I wonder if the final outcome will be big enough for people to stay or if they will eventually desire a Bigger City ? I still say they should scrap thruway shopping center,, build up and restart that as mixed use . Same with Hanes mall too... scrap and rebuild.

Last edited by chadfromnc_2000; 03-14-2022 at 11:29 AM..

Old 03-14-2022, 01:28 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,320,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Guess the same could be said for uncg in greensboro too. U don't see them really doing anything around the city, thats not focused on one of their facilities. Heck hpu same way.. I sure wish Winston looked like it does now, when I lived there back in early 2000s. People in my circle during those early years were clawing their way out, to get to Greensboro and Charlotte . All everyone would talk about was how Greensboro or Charlotte was on their radar . .. now they all clawing to get back into Winston.. does make me wonder what the future does hold for Winston, once it grows as much as in can and fully developes.. I wonder if the final outcome will be big enough for people to stay or if they will eventually desire a Bigger City ? I still say they should scrap thruway shopping center,, build up and restart that as mixed use . Same with Hanes mall too... scrap and rebuild.
I don't think anyone in Winston these days considers Greensboro a bigger city. Not in any way that matters. It's a peer.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:56 AM

Oh I meant a bigger city as in maybe Charlotte, or if they will actually need to move to a whole different state for a Bigger city feel then what Winston or Greensboro will ever have to offer once they are fully developed to the max.

Old 03-15-2022, 11:26 AM

I would like to add that I'm happy with the size of both and what Winston and greensboro has become. I know they are continuing to grow and to me any thing on out is just icing on the cake. I'm not one for too too big of a city. I never had a desire for Charlotte even thou it's nice to visit . I use to be a. Flight attendant and based in DC. Talk about a culture shock from growing up in pilot mtn then living in Winston and going back and forth to DC.. I got lost on the metro so many times lol. .Im 40 and both cities provide me with the entrainment I need at this stage of my life. I do wonder how the early 20 somethings feel. Wonder if they are content with ws or gso are eyeing those bigger cities still like Atlanta. I like to study city trends lol which explains why I'm on here..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point