U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 12:05 PM

93 posts, read 82,622 times

Advertisements

I managed to get ahold of some plans today for the secret "Coast Restaurant" project in Palladium High Point. The new restaurant will be a Carolina Ale House.

Here is a pdf that was attached to the plans, describing CAH:

https://www.elitepronet.com/uploads/...Attachment.pdf

I haven't gone through everything yet but I remember reading that the restaurant will be a new design that is multi-level, with some open-air seating.

Carolina Ale House has some other locations. You can check them out here: https://www.carolinaalehouse.com/

Last edited by KL77; 06-22-2017 at 12:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 12:48 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,102,900 times
The one in Greenville NC is two levels too...they added onto what was previously a Kirkland's retail store. IIRC the upstairs had a ton of windows that could open.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
The one in Greenville NC is two levels too...they added onto what was previously a Kirkland's retail store. IIRC the upstairs had a ton of windows that could open.
That's similar to what I'm seeing in the plans. Some straight open-air and lots of windows that it appears they will have open at times. It LOOKS like two levels to me but I'm not an expert at reading these drawings. It's at least two. I'll say that much.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:06 PM

I can't imagine them doing something that fancy (3 stories plus observation deck) at the Palladium. Even if they don't, it will be a nice addition and I'm sure it will be a nice restaurant.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:08 PM

Agreed. I sincerely doubt it will be as intricate as the one in the brochure but the plans do show at least two levels and all the other stuff I mentioned. That alone makes it a really cool addition to the center.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:54 PM

421 posts, read 292,681 times
This looks pretty cool. I'd "rate this post positively" but CD says I have so spread some reputation around.

The bar/restaurant scene in Palladium is getting upped. This is the third true sports bar in the immediate Palladium area now with BDubs and the recent addition of Kickback Jacks across the street (not counting the ones behind the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market). But this place seems to have the best brew selection of the bunch by far.

I really look forward to this going up.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:39 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,300,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
This looks pretty cool. I'd "rate this post positively" but CD says I have so spread some reputation around.

The bar/restaurant scene in Palladium is getting upped. This is the third true sports bar in the immediate Palladium area now with BDubs and the recent addition of Kickback Jacks across the street (not counting the ones behind the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market). But this place seems to have the best brew selection of the bunch by far.

I really look forward to this going up.
CAH has an impressive beer selection.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:24 AM

421 posts, read 292,681 times
https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...ampaign=buffer

This is the most recent Palladium thread I could find, but it looks like High Point may be getting a Texas Roadhouse. It'll be good to see some new arrivals in Palladium where it seems like nothing new has come in a while (and Fresh Melt came and went quickly). It also appears that a Sheetz was approved... so they'll have cheap(er) gas... Hooray?

As far as "A Coast" restaurant, I'm not sure what is happening with that. It doesn't appear much has come of this of late.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:04 PM

I didn't realize there was a Fresh Melt at Palladium briefly...we like the one in W-S. I get concerned though when a franchise like that closes a location - I worry that other nearby franchises may close as well. The Fresh Melt in W-S doesn't seem too busy and I never hear people talk about it.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:11 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,426,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
I didn't realize there was a Fresh Melt at Palladium briefly...we like the one in W-S. I get concerned though when a franchise like that closes a location - I worry that other nearby franchises may close as well. The Fresh Melt in W-S doesn't seem too busy and I never hear people talk about it.
I had never heard of this place, so I looked it up. Winston-Salem is home, and for now is the only location. They are attempting to franchise it. A new franchise startup may be the toughest business there is to succeed with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point