Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 10:57 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
If you dont like crowds it would certainly be frustrating. People everywhere and people stopping on front of you while you are walking. It was worse at the ballpark. It was already hot and humid. Add thousands of bodies surrounding you in a stadium generating heat, I could easily see someone passing out if they haven't been drinking enough water throughout the day. Some girl sprayed bug repellant on herself and the spray and fumes were blowing around through the crowd at the ballpark. That would have neen enough to make anyone pass out
I drove by there on an errand around 6:30 and saw people packing the gate waiting to be let in and they were steady streaming to the park. Stood on the corner and watched from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Then don't go to events billed as "family friendly". Simple.
Problem being is BEM parents are invading everywhere with their little DNA drainers- even bars. I can't even go out and enjoy a brew without some cracker-ass kid wailing out with an ice-pick-in-the-eardrum piercing shriek.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:01 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Problem being is BEM parents are invading everywhere with their little DNA drainers- even bars. I can't even go out and enjoy a brew without some cracker-ass kid wailing out with an ice-pick-in-the-eardrum piercing shriek.
Sounds like you're the one who should stay home.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
Sounds like you're the one who should stay home.
Rather they should leave their kids home. When I go out I mind my business, enjoy the company of my wife or friends and conduct myself as an adult. Kids are incapable of exercising manners and are NOT patrons of the establishment for which they are disrupting with rude behavior.
Even Chick-Fil-A partitions off the play area as to not interrupt other patron's mealtime.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:29 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Nonsense. There are certainly areas where small children shouldn't be. That category doesn't include daytime street festivals or Chick-Fil-A.

And even my youngest child is better behaved than some adults I witness on a daily basis. However, as an adult, I simply ignore it and move on.

You are not entitled to a child-free world. Sorry.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:35 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Rather they should leave their kids home. When I go out I mind my business, enjoy the company of my wife or friends and conduct myself as an adult. Kids are incapable of exercising manners and are NOT patrons of the establishment for which they are disrupting with rude behavior.
Even Chick-Fil-A partitions off the play area as to not interrupt other patron's mealtime.
I don't even have kids and this is ridiculous. What are parents supposed to do? Quarantine themselves for 10-15 years while their kids grow up? Chick-Fil-A partitions to separate the kids to not interrupt mealtime? There are still tons of kids running around the dining room. Sure, it can be a little annoying but I know that's what I'm going to get spending $7-8 at Chick Fil-A.

A daytime festival is another event where I know to expect children running around. That goes with the territory. Obviously there are places where kids don't belong. I don't want to go to Ruth's Chris and have a thousand kids running around screaming. But daytime festivals are one place I know that that comes with the territory. Those who can't accept that probably shouldn't go.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:41 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Quote:
That's true for us; before the stationary parade concept we would attend the parade then head to the festivities. Sometimes we would take a break and come back later in the day.
Not a personal shot skinsguy but it puzzles me why people bring kids that require strollers and pets to these type events.
Um, because it's a family friendly event and my son has just as much right to attend as you do.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:01 AM

I suppose people in wheelchairs should stay home as well. SMH.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I suppose people in wheelchairs should stay home as well. SMH.
Apparently they have sense enough not to try and navigate the crowded streets because I don't recall seeing disabled people in wheelchairs there. Even my neighbor who has a motorized chair doesn't attend crowded events.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Apparently they have sense enough not to try and navigate the crowded streets because I don't recall seeing disabled people in wheelchairs there. Even my neighbor who has a motorized chair doesn't attend crowded events.
Yep. They were there. Navigating themselves through the streets. So now, it's parents with small kids and disabled people are not allowed to attend public events. Gotcha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point