U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 05:40 PM

4 posts, read 6,594 times

Advertisements

Can someone please give me your opinion of Jamestown, NC?
My husband and I are thinking about moving to that area.
I do see that High Point and Greensboro are close and seem to have job opportunities in those areas.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 06:01 PM

239 posts, read 213,124 times
It's a nice up and coming city on the south side of Greensboro

Old 07-25-2017, 06:27 PM

3,428 posts, read 9,249,598 times
Great town! I lived there for a while when I lived in the Triad area. I still miss it sometimes.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:17 PM

103 posts, read 193,830 times
I've lived in Jamestown for 20 years. It's a great community. You won't be sorry if you decide to live here.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:44 AM

4 posts, read 6,594 times
Thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply to this post.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:17 AM

5 posts, read 4,240 times
We live in Jamestown and absolutely love it! There is no place I'd rather live!

Old 11-30-2017, 11:45 AM

447 posts, read 286,558 times
I was about to post a question about Jamestown nc and I saw this thread.

I'm recently widowed and would like to move close to my son. I was considering Jamestown nc. I see that some of you say it's a great community. That's good to hear.

Is it suitable for a widowed senor? Can you recommend any specific communities in Jamestown that I should look at?

I just came back from a visit with my son who lives in Lexington nc and we just drove thru the area around Jamestown. It seemed nice enough. But I don't know anything about it.

Any helpful info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. My house in pa is currently in the market. Of course I have to wait for that to sell in order to be able to buy in nc. So I'm just looking for info at this time.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:50 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,432,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
I was about to post a question about Jamestown nc and I saw this thread.

I'm recently widowed and would like to move close to my son. I was considering Jamestown nc. I see that some of you say it's a great community. That's good to hear.

Is it suitable for a widowed senor? Can you recommend any specific communities in Jamestown that I should look at?

I just came back from a visit with my son who lives in Lexington nc and we just drove thru the area around Jamestown. It seemed nice enough. But I don't know anything about it.

Any helpful info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. My house in pa is currently in the market. Of course I have to wait for that to sell in order to be able to buy in nc. So I'm just looking for info at this time.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
I'd suggest you get a realtor to show you the area. Jamestown proper is very small.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:57 AM

447 posts, read 286,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
I'd suggest you get a realtor to show you the area. Jamestown proper is very small.
Thanks for your reply. Like I said I just returned to pa after visiting my son. So getting a realtor at this point isn't possible.

At this point I'm just looking for any info from people who know the area. I'm not ready to buy until my pa house sells.

I like the idea of it being very small. Thanks for that info.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:56 AM

62 posts, read 58,522 times
Agree with BC1960--Jamestown proper is very small. There are a lot of areas that may have a Jamestown address but are either in city limits for Greensboro, High Point, or just in unincorporated Guilford County. As you leave town going due east on Main St./Greensboro Rd. and into High Point, the property values start to fall off and it's a little rougher. The YMCA on the west side of town has plenty of programs for senior adults.

In Jamestown proper, a few good communities for a widowed senior might be Quarterpath Trace, near the golf course on East Fork Rd., or the Misty Waters/Channel Cove/Riverwalk subdivisions off Dillon Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point