U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2017, 06:59 AM

10 posts, read 12,391 times

Advertisements

Towns of where to buy a house.....Looking for a housing budget range of $175-200K
My husband relocated from upstate NY to work in High Point and the plan is to join when youngest graduates next Spring(Schools not a priority). We have lived in NYC/Albany and upstate NY -- first time south!
We love Kernersville temp housing area but not finding the flat backyard we would like. Newer developments/houses being built on top of each other...built 2 houses really don't want to go down that path again.
Looking for suggestions of towns that have a reasonable commute to HP. Open to areas up to a 30 min commute to HP. Would love a pool (need for flat backyard/not interested in a community pool). Also would love to be only 5-10 min from stores but not necessary.
Thank you for any suggestions on why specifically you like the area you are suggesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 07:07 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,426,379 times
With that budget, I'd look in Davidson County...Thomasville, Lexington, Midway, Wallburg. I wouldn't give up on Kernersville either. Plenty of older neighborhoods where I would certainly think you could find a flat backyard.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:52 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,103,476 times
You will have a ton of options in that price range for older homes, though there won't be all that many with pools. We love having our own pool as well. We're near Wallburg. We'd sell ours but it would be double your price range. You can probably be within minutes of the job - I doubt you'll have to settle for a 30 minute commute.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:20 AM

62 posts, read 58,475 times
Hi pattig45. Lots of older, more settled homes in that price range in the Jamestown area as well. You might like the small downtown feel and sidewalks. It's worth checking out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point