U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-18-2017, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
952 posts, read 517,022 times
Reputation: 380

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Oh no, somebody got their feelings hurt on the internet. Poor baby.
Feelings hurt? No not all. Simply calling out unnecessary rudeness as i see it. Leaving emotions out of it actually tends to allow for discussion without being condescending. Besides playful banter of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2017, 08:45 AM
 
559 posts, read 314,937 times
Reputation: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Feelings hurt? No not all. Simply calling out unnecessary rudeness as i see it. Leaving emotions out of it actually tends to allow for discussion without being condescending. Besides playful banter of course.
Just ignore him and he'll go away. Maybe if he pops a little blue pill and gets some he'll calm down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 08:47 AM
 
6,800 posts, read 4,497,755 times
Reputation: 5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Just ignore him and he'll go away. Maybe if he pops a little blue pill and gets some he'll calm down.
Do you have anything substantive to add to the conversation, or just more petty personal attacks like usual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 08:55 AM
 
559 posts, read 314,937 times
Reputation: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Do you have anything substantive to add to the conversation, or just more petty personal attacks like usual?
If you actually believe that this has been a conversation, then you truly are senile. Attacking every comment that you disagree with hardly constitutes a conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 09:07 AM
 
6,800 posts, read 4,497,755 times
Reputation: 5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
If you actually believe that this has been a conversation, then you truly are senile. Attacking every comment that you disagree with hardly constitutes a conversation.
More personal attacks. Very sad. I've simply made my case, and responded as I was responded to. Theres no need to get mad just because others disagree with you or prove you wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 10:09 AM
 
559 posts, read 314,937 times
Reputation: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
More personal attacks. Very sad. I've simply made my case, and responded as I was responded to. Theres no need to get mad just because others disagree with you or prove you wrong.
Mad? Prove wrong? Made your case???

You truly are a sad, pathetic individual!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 11:40 AM
 
6,800 posts, read 4,497,755 times
Reputation: 5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Mad? Prove wrong? Made your case???

You truly are a sad, pathetic individual!
What happened to ignoring me? Please take your own advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 11:41 PM
 
425 posts, read 298,125 times
Reputation: 162
Getting the conversation going again....

Moodys Analytics did their own rankings of the top 64 candidates to land Amazon. There is a noticeable absence from the list.... FWIW, Raleigh came in 13th and Charlotte in 15th. Austin was #1. I think it's going to be White Plains given NJ's outrageous incentive package.

https://communityimpact.com/austin/r...dys-analytics/

Here's another list of cities. No rankings, just a list of cities believed to be in the running. They appear to list about 100 cities. Greensboro.... absent.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/18/amaz...e-running.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2017, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,766 posts, read 4,260,036 times
Reputation: 3829
Good news for Raleigh & Charlotte! While I don't expect either to land Amazon, they're "up there" in the running at least. If by some chance either one does land Amazon, I would think surrounding areas could still see some benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2017, 07:38 AM
 
6,800 posts, read 4,497,755 times
Reputation: 5345
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37;49866049[B
]Good news for Raleigh & Charlotte! While I don't expect either to land Amazon, they're "up there" in the running at least.[/b] If by some chance either one does land Amazon, I would think surrounding areas could still see some benefit.
Based on what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top