U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 07:42 AM

553 posts, read 310,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Getting the conversation going again....

Moodys Analytics did their own rankings of the top 64 candidates to land Amazon. There is a noticeable absence from the list.... FWIW, Raleigh came in 13th and Charlotte in 15th. Austin was #1. I think it's going to be White Plains given NJ's outrageous incentive package.

https://communityimpact.com/austin/r...dys-analytics/

Here's another list of cities. No rankings, just a list of cities believed to be in the running. They appear to list about 100 cities. Greensboro.... absent.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/18/amaz...e-running.html
I don't see Hickory on the list either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 11:53 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,231,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Based on what?
Opinion.

Old 10-19-2017, 01:00 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,440,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Opinion.
Oh, I see now. When you said "good news for Raleigh and Charlotte" I didn't know what you were referring to...I see now its was in response to them being 13th and 15th on Moody's list. Not sure I agree with that assessment, but at least now I know what you were talking about.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:55 PM

421 posts, read 293,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Good news for Raleigh & Charlotte! While I don't expect either to land Amazon, they're "up there" in the running at least. If by some chance either one does land Amazon, I would think surrounding areas could still see some benefit.
I think there's a decent chance that if HQ does pick Raleigh or Charlotte (unlikely, but I wouldn't equate their odds with Blutarsky's GPA (0.0) either) that the area could see some mild benefit. Best case, maybe a satellite campus that brings a few hundred relatively well paid workers or even a distribution center. Worst case, it expands the tax base in the state at the very least which would lead to some benefit here too.

It's definitely better for us if they choose Raleigh or Charlotte than if they choose NJ.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:07 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,402,977 times
The Triad bid has been officially shipped. Five undisclosed sites for a Triad headquarters was submitted with the bid. If I had to guess two urban sites it would be the News & Record site in downtown Greensboro which is directly north of the depot/Amtrak station and a site in the Innovation Quarter in Winston-Salem. Not that it really matters because the Triad wont get it. The Triangle also put in one regional bid for Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. The Triangle has seven sites with its bid, likely RTP, downtown Raleigh and Durham's planned downtown Innovation Quarter are three of the target sites.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...azons-hq2.html

Old 10-20-2017, 08:17 AM

29,944 posts, read 27,375,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Moodys Analytics did their own rankings of the top 64 candidates to land Amazon. There is a noticeable absence from the list.... FWIW, Raleigh came in 13th and Charlotte in 15th. Austin was #1. I think it's going to be White Plains given NJ's outrageous incentive package.
White Plains is in New York.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:34 PM

421 posts, read 293,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Touche . I've seen Newark and White Plains grouped together in several lists so that's why I got mixed up. But my point is that I think it'll be one of the NJ cities. Obviously White Plains would NOT be included in that. But perhaps Newark/Jersey City.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:38 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,440,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It appears NY and NJ are perhaps doing a joint bid? Moody's listed this as an area bidding:

6. New York-Jersey City-White Plains, N.Y.-N.J.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:36 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,402,977 times
The Triad's pitch video sent to Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD5v...ature=youtu.be

Old 10-23-2017, 09:56 AM

29,944 posts, read 27,375,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
It appears NY and NJ are perhaps doing a joint bid? Moody's listed this as an area bidding:

6. New York-Jersey City-White Plains, N.Y.-N.J.

That's just the official name of the metropolitan division. The New York–Newark–Jersey City, NY–NJ–PA metropolitan statistical area is made up of four metropolitan divisions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yo...atistical_Area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or