U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-25-2017, 02:22 PM
 
239 posts, read 213,382 times
Reputation: 55

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
1.) it is Lynx
2.) Lynx will be around 30 Miles by 2020 (not counting whatís realistically planned to be built)
3.) In Top 10 of largest airports in the world


Greensboro has as much of a chance at landing Amazon as its peer Greenville, SC. Charlotte has as much of a chance as Pittsburgh (which only has 26 Miles of mass transit rail line)

Pittsburgh Metro is 5,340 Sq Miles with a pop. Of 2.36 million
Charlotte metro is 3,198 sq. miles with a pop of 2.47 Million


I know someoneís going to ask ďwhat does Pittsburgh have to do with anything?Ē And my reasoning is to illustrate what a peer of Charlotte looks like. A peer city to Greensboro is Greenville (a very, lovely city btw). Itís literally like someone from McAllen Texas saying they have the same odds as Austin. Even though Pittsburgh doesnít come to mind as a great contender for HQ2, I would find it just as puzzling to hear that it has the same odds as Greensboro, only people from Pittsburgh thinks Pittsburgh is big, itís not a real city yet, etc.


I think Raleigh has a better chance than Charlotte and I think itís one of the top Amazon choices which I would bet 1,) Atlanta (2.) NoVa (3.) Boston (4.) Austin (5.) Dallas (6.) Jersey/NYC (7.) Toronto (8.) Raleigh


And the whole ďBut Triad can draw from all 3Ē is complete bogus. If Amazon wants to draw workers from Charlotte & Raleigh, they would split HQ2 between the two cities with CLT getting back office and admin. Jobs and Raleigh getting more tech & innovation related jobs. Thatís most likely not gonna happen, but more likely than Greensboro getting it. Raleigh & Charlotte will be connected by both of their new downtown train stations and with lots of flights.





Look at MetLife for example:




These type of jobs arenít going to locate to Greensboro to draw talent from Triangle & CLT. If they want us both, they will choose both.


Thereís a way to say you donít think Charlotte nor Raleigh will get HQ2, which I disagree with, but Iím not sure why some of you guys take it so personally when others arenít in la la land pretending Greensboro is up there with Charlotte & Raleigh. And yes, we all know neither city is Atlanta big. We are Portland big. Medium sized metros. No one suggesting otherwise.

I agree with you for the most part and I actually think Greenville is a nicer city then any city in nc with there river/park downtown. I just hate when Charlotte or raliegh people talk down about the triad like they live in a big city. That's my only issue, people from big cities don't consider any city in nc a big city. I also don't think any city in nc is a big city, Maybe in 30yrs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-25-2017, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
943 posts, read 505,597 times
Reputation: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
I agree with you for the most part and I actually think Greenville is a nicer city then any city in nc with there river/park downtown. I just hate when Charlotte or raliegh people talk down about the triad like they live in a big city. That's my only issue, people from big cities don't consider any city in nc a big city. I also don't think any city in nc is a big city, Maybe in 30yrs.
I'm just wondering. Do you spell Raleigh wrong on purpose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2017, 09:42 PM
 
552 posts, read 310,348 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Ive read them and both cities fail with mass transit. The linx in Charlotte doesnt really count because its not a big enough transit system. And with Charlotte traffic, they would need it.

As far as Greensboro goes..... I dont know what you would consider outrageous because everything ive posted about Greensboro is based on real developments. Not fantasy made up towers like one poster in particular posts on a another forum to try to match what could be going up in Greensboro. I never made a post about Amazon H2 being a likely tenant for a tower going up in downtown Greensboro like this poster did on a Winston-Salem forum. You think I'm overzealous? Thats over the top and quite frankly ludicrous. I also dont get excited about seeing tower cranes build 5 story buildings. Thats overzealousness. I do get excited about downtown development in Greensboro but look in every city development forum whether it Charlotte or the Triangle who doesn't?
This is the 3rd or 4th time you've mentioned this "other" poster from another forum in an attempt to deflect what you feel are criticisms against you and Greensboro. This makes NO sense whatsoever, but maybe in your world of deflection and projection it does.

You have this pathological habit of bringing up crap as rumors and/or hearsay that no one in these threads can prove, or rather disprove, because quite possibly it does not exist or didn't happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2017, 05:33 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,582 posts, read 4,402,977 times
Reputation: 1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
This is the 3rd or 4th time you've mentioned this "other" poster from another forum in an attempt to deflect what you feel are criticisms against you and Greensboro. This makes NO sense whatsoever, but maybe in your world of deflection and projection it does.

You have this pathological habit of bringing up crap as rumors and/or hearsay that no one in these threads can prove, or rather disprove, because quite possibly it does not exist or didn't happen.
Because there is no reason to criticize me. How the heck do we end up arguing when we both agree Greensboro doesnt have a shot at getting Amazon? I smell a troll. Seems like you love to keep going back through the pages and bringing back stuff thats been squashed.

Why do I bring up other people? Its because Im tired of other people posting rediculous crap more far out than anything I would say and nobody says anything but some how its been said Im the one who has posted outrageous things. Im excited about the things happening in Greensboro and our downtown and yes it shows through my posts but so what? Want a gold star for pointing that out? Buy nothing Ive said was outrageous.

But back on topic We both agree that Amazon H2 is not coming to Greensboro end of story and stop making this about me and keeping stuff stirred up.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 11-26-2017 at 06:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2017, 06:06 AM
 
552 posts, read 310,348 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Because there is no reason to criticize me. How the heck do we end up arguing when we both agree Greensboro doesnt have a shot at getting Amazon? I smell a troll. Seems like you love to keep going back through the pages and bringing back stuff thats been squashed.

Why do I bring up other people? Its because Im tired of other people posting rediculous crap more far out than anything I would say and nobody says anything but some how its been said Im the one who has posted outrageous things. Named them? What outrageous thing have I said about Greensboro?

But back on topic We both agree that Amazon H2 is not coming to Greensboro end of story and stop making this about me and keeping stuff stirred up.
Because as far as we can tell these "others" don't exist for us to ridicule, but your ridiculousness is always on full display. You certainly have a very active imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2017, 06:19 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,582 posts, read 4,402,977 times
Reputation: 1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Because as far as we can tell these "others" don't exist for us to ridicule, but your ridiculousness is always on full display. You certainly have a very active imagination.
I dont have to prove anything to you. You are a newbie over here. Many of us have been posting in the Triad sections on the forums for years. So if you don't know who im talking about, oh well. I know what you are trying to do, Im not taking your bait so go troll somewhere else. You are only making yourself look bad here.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 11-26-2017 at 06:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2017, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,582 posts, read 4,402,977 times
Reputation: 1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
I agree with you for the most part and I actually think Greenville is a nicer city then any city in nc with there river/park downtown. I just hate when Charlotte or raliegh people talk down about the triad like they live in a big city. That's my only issue, people from big cities don't consider any city in nc a big city. I also don't think any city in nc is a big city, Maybe in 30yrs.
I certainly agree about Greenville. The BMW plant has really helped put that area on the radar and while it doesnt have the biggest skyline in the Carolinas, it has the nicest downtown. Residential projects are popping up everywhere downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2017, 06:54 AM
 
552 posts, read 310,348 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I dont have to prove anything to you. You are a newbie over here. Many of us have been posting in the Triad sections on the forums for years. So if you don't know who im talking about, oh well. I know what you are trying to do, Im not taking your bait so go troll somewhere else. You are only making yourself look bad here.
Really? I'm not trying to bait you. Me, like many others here, are trying to make sense out of your statements that consistently don't jive with facts, reality, or previous things that you've posted.

If you want to call that baiting or criticism or whatever, then you go right ahead. Wake up, I'm not the one being constantly questioned by other posters in this thread...you are and there is a reason for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2017, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC USA
4,582 posts, read 4,402,977 times
Reputation: 1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Really? I'm not trying to bait you. Me, like many others here, are trying to make sense out of your statements that consistently don't jive with facts, reality, or previous things that you've posted.

If you want to call that baiting or criticism or whatever, then you go right ahead. Wake up, I'm not the one being constantly questioned by other posters in this thread...you are and there is a reason for it.
Youre the only one thats doing it. Everybody else is ignoring you and trying to stay on topic which im going to start doing right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2017, 07:08 AM
 
552 posts, read 310,348 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Youre the only one thats doing it. Everybody else is ignoring you and trying to stay on topic which im going to start doing right now.
The only topic in this thread seems to be refuting your crazy comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top