U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 08:15 AM

4,592 posts, read 4,405,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
The Megasite is 9 miles from the nearest G'boro city limits, but thats irrelevant. Any agreement to locate there is going to have a no annexation clause in it, at least for a long period of time.
You know for sure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 08:20 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,443,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
You know for sure?
Are you aware that involuntary annexation is no longer allowed in NC? Do you think Toyota is going to ask to be annexed by Greensboro?

Old 10-26-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Are you aware that involuntary annexation is no longer allowed in NC? Do you think Toyota is going to ask to be annexed by Greensboro?
Wrong to some degree.

City of Greensboro, NC : Frequently Asked Annexation Questions

Old 10-26-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
The city's website is wrong:

"Under the new law a city may not undertake an involuntary annexation unless a majority of registered voters in the area to be annexed vote in favor of it. The bill became law on June 10, 2012..."

https://canons.sog.unc.edu/annexatio...ition-to-deny/

Old 10-26-2017, 10:08 AM

624 posts, read 385,613 times
Quote:
The Megasite is 9 miles from the nearest G'boro city limits, but thats irrelevant. Any agreement to locate there is going to have a no annexation clause in it, at least for a long period of time.
He is basing his whole thing off how far away the loop is from the site. That's why I went and posted about it at least 3 times in the last 48 hours.

I think it will have that type of clause in it as well because you know the city council will want that tax revenue no matter what. Sorry I grew up in Guilford County NOT Greensboro and the vast majority of the residents in that area do not want to be annexed.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:17 AM

If they annex it at some point in the future it will more than likely be a spot annexation of the Megasite as long as the surrounding land in Randolph county remains mostly rural. That may not happen if Hwy 421 is converted to an interstate.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:46 AM

216 posts, read 158,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post
How would you connect 85 to 95, you got me curious on this. They connect around the Richmond area.
This article talks about it. Is there a Megasite Highway in the region's future? | Business | greensboro.com

Basically upgrading 421 to interstate standards from I-85 in Greensboro then heading southeast to connect to I-95, I assume near Dunn, but maybe near Fayetteville. And giving it a new 3 digit interstate number like I-395 or I-585, something like that.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
If they annex it at some point in the future it will more than likely be a spot annexation of the Megasite as long as the surrounding land in Randolph county remains mostly rural. That may not happen if Hwy 421 is converted to an interstate.
And it will have to be with Toyota's permission. Not likely.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:07 PM

Converting it to interstate would certainly better connect Greensboro with Fayetteville being that there is no continuous multilane highway between the two. Fayetteville really has no direct major highway link to any of the larger cities in the state. Meanwhile it would cement Greensboro's position as being the "crossroads" of North Carolina.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:09 PM

624 posts, read 385,613 times
Quote:
Converting it to interstate would certainly better connect Greensboro with Fayetteville being that there is no continuous multilane highway between the two. Fayetteville really has no direct major highway link to any of the larger cities in the state. Meanwhile it would cement Greensboro's position as being the "crossroads" of North Carolina.
The only part that is mess up between Fayetteville and Greensboro is below Sanford going in to Fayetteville it goes to a multi-lane highway with stop lights. They did a bypass around Sanford which is great because you no longer have to actually drive into and through Sanford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or