U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 05:13 PM

4,899 posts, read 16,616,694 times

Advertisements

no i didn't wait--i did do the routine schedule, but i made sure i to tell them i did not want the "mixed" vaccines. in the first set, there are 5 meds. they can either give 5 shots or 3. they tried to convince me to go easy on my son and give him the mixed so he would only get 3 shots. i said no, and went back for another appointment so they could space it out. he got 3 then 2 the next week. it cost me an extra visit--but i dont care.
tomorrow he gets his 2 yr well visit- and i am nervouse cause this is the one people say they have seen a change in the child, and we are at a new ped office due to relocation. so i will be sure to have a conversation with the Dr. before any vaccines are given.

i do think it's important to give the vaccines at an "earlier" age, because people are flying in and out of the country every day, and unless the baby is living in a bubble he/she could be exposed to forign things. even you going to wok can bring back a bug from a co-worker whose child is school age etc.
my son started at the usual 6 weeks...

i have a cousin in italy whose daughter is my son's age. their vaccine age doesnt start until 4 months old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 615 times
Our pediatrician is retiring and we're now looking for a new doctor who considers the alternative schedule for vaccinations. I read the post from previous years about this concern of multiple vaccinations in one appointment, however none of them are recent. Is anyone able to assist me with a recommendation? My son will be a year old next month, in which he's due to receive quite a few shots. We live in the Greensboro area but will travel if necessary.

Old 09-05-2015, 02:39 AM

17 posts, read 37,965 times
Default Alternative Vaccine Schedule

My grandson is seven months. When my daughter takes him to the doctor, if he requires more than two vaccines, she has them give two vaccines that day and the remaining vaccines a week later. The pediatrician at Forsyth Pediatrics said this was not necessary since, in his opinion, there is no proof that vaccines lead to autism. But they follow her instructions anyway. There is nothing scientific about a two does limit, but spreading out vaccines cannot hurt.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:56 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,693,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i did not mean to imply that Dr's are ignoring anything. what i meant was they only use the info in their medical journals, and ignore articles on the internet etc.
also, if you saw Jenny Mcarthy on Oprah, you will know why i worry
Jenny is no medical expert.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:02 AM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,899 posts, read 3,722,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i did not mean to imply that Dr's are ignoring anything. what i meant was they only use the info in their medical journals, and ignore articles on the internet etc.
also, if you saw Jenny Mcarthy on Oprah, you will know why i worry
(I realize I'm replying to a 6 year old post, but FH still posts in 2015)

Please turn off the computer (and any device connected to the internet) - the University of Google School of Medicine is often wrong.

Please go to: Anti-Vaccine Body Count (formerly known as the "Jenny McCarthy Body Count", data now thru May 2015)

California, arguably the most liberal state, just passed the strictest vaccination laws in the country.

KQED recently published a short article on some of the history behind vaccination mistrust.

As far as the Triad, I'm looking at several opportunities locally - I have 3 children. Of course, parents need to seek a pediatrician they trust - however, I'd be wary of any pediatrician who advertises as being "vaccine-friendly" - many pediatricians are young/inexperienced and have never seen a case of measles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point