U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 11:35 AM

6 posts, read 4,750 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone:

I just received an offer from a company in Burlington and was hoping someone from the area could give me some ideas on where to live. I have a 10 year son, so schools are important. Someone from the office told me to live in Greensboro but I would like to limited a long commute if possible. I like the Piedmont Apartments in Greensboro but the school it is assigned to does not seem to be good. I would love to receive any feedback. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 12:33 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,653,647 times
No need to commute from G'boro. If you can't find schools you like in Burlington, consider Elon or Mebane. The town of Mebane straddles the Alamance/Orange county line. Orange county schools are good.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:12 PM

Thank you very much for this information! Do you know much about Third Street Clubhouse Before And After school Care in Mebane?

Old 01-17-2018, 05:31 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,653,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsmith000 View Post
Thank you very much for this information! Do you know much about Third Street Clubhouse Before And After school Care in Mebane?
I don't have children or grandchildren. Someone who lives in that area needs to chime in.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:47 AM

239 posts, read 212,957 times
The new apartments off of Burlington rd in whitsett are real nice and that's close to Burlington

Old 01-18-2018, 09:48 AM

239 posts, read 212,957 times
Called fairway village at Stoney creek

Old 01-18-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
The new apartments off of Burlington rd in whitsett are real nice and that's close to Burlington
Thank you for the information. I will look into apartments in the Whitsett area. I liked the Wayfare apartments but I'm not sure of the school that is assigned.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:51 PM

10,670 posts, read 11,292,569 times
How old is your son? There are also charter schools in Alamance County if you don't find the traditional public schools to your liking.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:35 AM

My son is 10 years old. I'm only going off the reviews I read for the public schools in Burlington but if anyone would like to share their experiences or thoughts about the schools in Burlington, I would love to hear. Thank you!

Old 01-19-2018, 09:40 AM

10,670 posts, read 11,292,569 times
My kids are in a 4th-12th grade charter school in Alamance County called Hawbridge (we actually live in Orange County, but the school is just over the county line). We're there for the small environment because my oldest has anxiety that is exacerbated in the large environment of traditional public schools. Hawbridge is not perfect, but it has its good points.

Anyway, all I know about ABSS is what I hear from other parents at our school who have opted out of ABSS and think it's pretty bad. Rivermill is another charter in Alamance. I think Rivermill has bus service, but Hawbridge does not, although there are lots of carpools and the counselor will help you connect with people in your general area for carpooling.

If you're interested in the charters there is a deadline coming up for applications. I believe it's right around the first of Feb, so not sure if you could make that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point