U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2018, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 968 times

Advertisements

I'm 22 and currently living in FL. Me, my mom, and younger siblings will all be moving to Winston-Salem at the end of March. We have never been and will not be able to visit prior to the move. Also, we don't know ANYONE there. I will only be staying with them until I find a job so she is only looking for a 2 bedroom. So far The Ledges seem like they are the only option, however the crime rate and reviews scare me! Is it really that bad? For our budget I know our options our limited but I want to be safe. Are there any other affordable(under $600.00) places to look into that are safer? Places to avoid??? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 11:42 AM

13 posts, read 11,104 times
check the following:

Arbors Apartments | Apartments in Winston Salem NC

Quail Lakes Apartments

https://www.parrinvestments.com/apartments/

Old 02-07-2018, 11:49 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,426,379 times
If your budget is $600 for a 2 br, you're going to have a problem finding anything in a good, safe area. I certainly wouldn't recommend the Ledges.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:07 AM

28,484 posts, read 62,084,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaystep33 View Post
I'm 22 and currently living in FL. Me, my mom, and younger siblings will all be moving to Winston-Salem at the end of March.
We have never been and will not be able to visit prior to the move.
Are you coming here because Mom has some great job lined up?
That level of employer usually offers some assistance.

But an entire family without jobs? it will not turn out well.

Quote:
Are there any other affordable (under $600.00) places to look into...
Not really. I'd say it's hard to do good enough at less than $800-900.
Doing well (safe/crime schools shopping etc) will start at over $1000.
---

Quote:
I will only be staying with them until I find a job
22? Useful skill? College grad?
Come ahead on your own and get YOURSELF set up.

Share something with another 20something for a while.
Get settled into the new job. Make some friends.

THEN look for a bigger place where you can ALL live.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Are you coming here because Mom has some great job lined up?
That level of employer usually offers some assistance.

But an entire family without jobs? it will not turn out well.
She is transferring with her current employer. They do not offer any assistance.

Quote:
Come ahead on your own and get YOURSELF set up.
Going ahead of them is not an option for many reasons.

Quote:
Share something with another 20something for a while.
Also not an option.

Quote:
THEN look for a bigger place where you can ALL live.
I will not be living with them more than a few weeks. We will not be living together long term.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:43 PM

7,281 posts, read 13,520,136 times
Under $600 will be very tight. Those rentals exist, but are very hard to come by, especially from out of state. The independent landlords who do offer decent places in decent areas for those kinds of prices often don't do much more to promote them than put a sign out front. They're often advertised by word of mouth more than anything. Even raising it to 650 might give you a few more options, though.

Still, I'd try reaching out to some of the local property management companies. Messick, Baldwin, Home Real Estate, Signature, and Vista are a place to start. Check out their sites or, better yet, give them a call and tell them what you're looking for. A lot of times the good properties are gobbled up before they even hit the websites.

I wouldn't do the Arbors. A few other streets/complexes in otherwise decent areas that I'd also avoid are the apartments on Northwest south of First Street and pretty much everything on Westdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or