U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:33 PM

624 posts, read 385,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
I guess this what a downward spiral looks like.

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2018/02/27/t...er-at-nc-mall/
Gosh this mall has gone downhill since Koury died. It's sad because this used to be THE SPOT in Greensboro as a teenager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 01:47 PM

7,278 posts, read 13,527,643 times
So some teenagers get rowdy and it's a sign that the mall is in a downward spiral? It may be in trouble, but that has more to do with people's retail preferences and shopping habits, combined with demographic and development shifts in GSO. I think it's tough to draw a straight line between "teen in half-shirt kicks police officer" and "this place is going down."

Old 03-01-2018, 01:59 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,438,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
So some teenagers get rowdy and it's a sign that the mall is in a downward spiral? It may be in trouble, but that has more to do with people's retail preferences and shopping habits, combined with demographic and development shifts in GSO. I think it's tough to draw a straight line between "teen in half-shirt kicks police officer" and "this place is going down."
This is hardly the first incident:

'He wasn't moving': Four Seasons rocked by second homicide in less than three months | Crime | greensboro.com
https://www.facebook.com/fox8news/po...52185573792623
wcnc.com | One Dead After Attempted Robbery Outside Greensboro's Four Seasons Mall, Police

There's a bit more going on than retail preferences and shopping habits.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:34 PM

113 posts, read 87,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
Its called "confirmation bias." The mall has had some highly publicized incidents in the past and now literally ANY insignificant event that causes bad press and people go "See..."

Old 03-01-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamchaser13 View Post
Its called "confirmation bias." The mall has had some highly publicized incidents in the past and now literally ANY insignificant event that causes bad press and people go "See..."
LOL, multiple murders occur. Response is "nothing to see here." Sure, absolutely.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
LOL, multiple murders occur. Response is "nothing to see here." Sure, absolutely.
Let's stay focused...

The mall has had its issues, but classifying a teenaged girl having a tantrum as "large scale disorder" is click bait, no more no less. The mall has its issues that everyone is aware of already. But THIS? No need to magnify every single thing that happens there.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
The mall has had its issues, but classifying a teenaged girl having a tantrum as "large scale disorder" is click bait, no more no less.
The incident didn't involve only one girl.

Quote:
The mall has its issues that everyone is aware of already.
Maybe, maybe not. But clearly the mall is having big public safety issues, and has for some time. And just as clearly, its not getting better.

Quote:
No need to magnify every single thing that happens there.
Why not? You don't think the public has a right to know about these incidents? Interesting. Besides, the incident has already been widely reported in the press so posting on this very small website hardly affects that.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
The incident didn't involve only one girl.

Maybe, maybe not. But clearly the mall is having big public safety issues, and has for some time. And just as clearly, its not getting better.

Why not? You don't think the public has a right to know about these incidents? Interesting. Besides, the incident has already been widely reported in the press so posting on this very small website hardly affects that.

I read the title of the article you posted and immidiately envisioned something like the Florida school shooting! Not whatever this was. I have no problem with responsible reporting. I just don't like sensationalism that borders on fear mongering.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I read the title of the article you posted and immidiately envisioned something like the Florida school shooting! Not whatever this was. I have no problem with responsible reporting. I just don't like sensationalism that borders on fear mongering.
Hmm, I think 17 murders are a bit bigger than a large scale disorder, but its all good. 4 Seasons is clearly going down the tubes, unfortunately.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:59 PM

421 posts, read 293,762 times
Quote:
Hmm, I think 17 murders are a bit bigger than a large scale disorder, but its all good. 4 Seasons is clearly going down the tubes, unfortunately.
Dreamchaser isn't saying that all is well with the mall. He/she is saying that this incident doesn't really prove anything. Fights among teens happen at just about every mall. Heck, this wasn't even the only fake gun incident in a NC mall that night. There was another incident at Concord Mills the same night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or