U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 08:22 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,042,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
You guys are way too sensitive when if comes to criticism of your areas. Did I state that it only happens in the Triad?

Let's not make this about how much crime exists at malls in the Triad vs. malls in the Triangle because that was not my intent.
No problem. I think it seemed that way but no harm no foul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 06:15 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,491,889 times
Quote:
You guys are way too sensitive when if comes to criticism of your areas. Did I state that it only happens in the Triad?

Let's not make this about how much crime exists at malls in the Triad vs. malls in the Triangle because that was not my intent.
LOL, oh please. That was exactly your intent. You literally said:

"They can either go to Hanes and get a bloody nose or go to Four Seasons and get bullet wound. Such appealing shopping options in the Triad. LOL"

"In all honesty, it (Crabtree) does (Look better). It does not get nearly as much negative press that these other two get and most locals aren't fearful of going to Crabtree."

Old 03-05-2018, 06:49 AM

558 posts, read 314,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
LOL, oh please. That was exactly your intent. You literally said:

"They can either go to Hanes and get a bloody nose or go to Four Seasons and get bullet wound. Such appealing shopping options in the Triad. LOL"

"In all honesty, it (Crabtree) does (Look better). It does not get nearly as much negative press that these other two get and most locals aren't fearful of going to Crabtree."
I'm glad that you can read minds along with all of your other critical mental skills. You have no idea what my intent is.

You were the one to introduce Crabtree into the topic in response to a comment that I made, and I simply replied regarding Crabtree. That in no way means that my intent is to compare violence at Triangle malls to violence at Triad malls.

My comment about bloody noses and bullet wounds was a lighthearted attempt at injecting humor into the discussion. Maybe you should become familiar with how humor works.

You have a tendency to look for a deeper meaning in everything that's posted on here when there is none.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:51 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,491,889 times
Quote:
I'm glad that you can read minds along with all of your other critical mental skills. You have no idea what my intent is.

You were the one to introduce Crabtree into the topic in response to a comment that I made, and I simply replied regarding Crabtree. That in no way means that my intent is to compare violence at Triangle malls to violence at Triad malls.

My comment about bloody noses and bullet wounds was a lighthearted attempt at injecting humor into the discussion. Maybe you should become familiar with how humor works.

You have a tendency to look for a deeper meaning in everything that's posted on here when there is none.
Nice spin. I'm not buying it.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:54 AM

558 posts, read 314,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Nice spin. I'm not buying it.
Then don't buy it. No one is going to loose sleep because you're not content with a response.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:47 AM
LLN

4,984 posts, read 8,773,060 times
Living the stereotype never results in positive outcomes.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:29 AM

86 posts, read 61,052 times
This question is Hanes Mall related so I'll go ahead and ask it here. I just saw a Article where Gloria Jeans coffee is coming to the triad for the first time. But I vaguely remember shopping at Hanes mall when I was younger and going in one of the stores. ?!?

Old 03-18-2018, 08:43 AM

4,607 posts, read 4,435,991 times
Gun shot fired outside Hanes Mall.

Gunshot fired outside Hanes Mall as bail bond agents tried to take a man into custody | myfox8.com

Old 03-18-2018, 02:00 PM

239 posts, read 214,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
But for some reason people don't run away from Hanes mall like they do four seasons 🤔 Hanes mall is just as bad if not worse.

Old 03-18-2018, 02:18 PM

118 posts, read 91,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
But for some reason people don't run away from Hanes mall like they do four seasons 🤔 Hanes mall is just as bad if not worse.
I never felt unsafe at either mall. I hate the fear mongering that happens after these incidents. But if we're talking crime, Hanes has had several high profile incidents in a short period of time despite keeping it's pristine reputation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point