U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2008, 05:25 PM

118 posts, read 334,876 times

Advertisements

How is this town? It was about 1500 people so it your typical small town?
I have 3 mixed children I so don't want them to be made fun of.
Would you think they would there?
Are the schools good there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 01:00 AM

2 posts, read 3,733 times
The schools are good. And being Mixed is common in the area. So no, your children wouldn't be made fun of. I have lived in walnut cove all my life, and I can tell you that I went to school with many biracial people and they were some of the most popular kids in school. they will do fine.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:16 AM

22 posts, read 8,464 times
Since this thread is 10 years old, I would like some updated information on Walnut Cove. I am looking to buy a house between Winston Salem (enjoy the city and want to stay near friends here) and Greensboro (work). When I look at realtor.com the crime rate is in the middle region. I can't find much information on whether or not Walnut Cove is a desirable place to live. I am a single woman in my 50's and am looking at condos or small houses. Thanks for any updates you can provide.

Old 02-14-2019, 05:17 PM

2,910 posts, read 2,014,986 times
Walnut Cove is a rural outlying area of the Triad. If you're okay with just the very basics in terms of shopping and services, it could be a pleasant enough place. You won't find condos in Walnut Cove (none that I know if anyway).

Depending on where you work in Greensboro, you're looking at a commute of about 30-50 minutes. I'm sure some people would suggest Kernersville or Oak Ridge or maybe even Walkertown as they'd be closer to Greensboro and/or Winston Salem, though those places are either more built up or more expensive than Walnut Cove if you're looking to "get away from it all".

Old 02-15-2019, 05:01 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,696,400 times
That commute might get old. Traffic on Battleground is busy. Walnut Cove is a pretty town, but it would be a little too remote for me.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:04 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,440,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slp007 View Post
Since this thread is 10 years old, I would like some updated information on Walnut Cove. I am looking to buy a house between Winston Salem (enjoy the city and want to stay near friends here) and Greensboro (work). When I look at realtor.com the crime rate is in the middle region. I can't find much information on whether or not Walnut Cove is a desirable place to live. I am a single woman in my 50's and am looking at condos or small houses. Thanks for any updates you can provide.
I'd suggest looking in the Colfax/Kernersville area.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:25 AM

17 posts, read 10,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slp007 View Post
I think as a single woman coming in from "outside" you would be bored out of your mind there. No real downtown, just a business strip. I used to drive through there frequently on the way to visit relatives in Surry County - makes Mount Airy look big!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point