Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,293 times

Advertisements

If you are considering moving to Greensboro, NC you may be viewing apartments. The pros, the cons and everything in-between. Well I am here to state, do NOT move to City View Apartments. I have been a resident for almost 4 years now and I have watched this community (if you would still call it that) go from heavenly to a complete monstrosity.

This is supposed to be a safe place with gated entrances. I will define... 'GATED COMMUNITY- A RESIDENTIAL AREA THAT HAS GATES TO CONTROL FLOW OF TRAFFIC IN AND OUT OF AREA FOR SAFETY'
Do we have this any longer? No!
See, when Signature Properties owned this complex it was the top of its game at EVERY step of the way. No gate was every broken, unlike now. We have had the same broken gates standing wide open for over 12 months, regardless of multiple complaints. To top that off we can now, as of the last few months, add more gates to this list of broken and not repaired. Mind you each 'household' pays a maintenance fee of $80.00 a month for inner and outer issues to be repaired. Truthfully, after much 'paying attention and watching', I as well as others, are beginning to believe this money is used for nothing more than to have the maintenance crews walk around and pretend like they are working. Not to mention the maintenance fee, as well as, monthly rent increase are all lining Roy Carrolls pockets. One thing I realize is all the businesses he owns are going up without a hitch, while this place, which was once a beautiful home, falls to complete disgust.

Now aside from all of this, we have an issue with pets. Mind you, if you still wanted to move in here you'd get the spill about a pet fee (per pet) and they would need to swab your dogs rectal cavity. This is apparently supposed to be a measure to figure out which dog has used the restroom and the owner did not clean up after their pet. Well, it is a crock! They do NOT even attempt this because there are piles of defecation laying around in just about any area possible around the complex. Yes, I said piles. However this shouldn't be a very large issue to curb right? Wrong! Try looking at the fact that anywhere, yes anywhere, except two small areas in the very back of the building, all have NO dog-poo bags. Even out in the supposed dog park (what a joke!) all are out. Even the empty rolls are laying around near the bins where they were once kept. So a pet fee? Rectal swab of your animal? Really? So you can charge a fee for something you never do? Give me a break!

Now, lets visit the pool. One of the amenities they love to show on your visit here. The water is a filthy cesspool with all kinds of mess floating in it. There are beer cans laying around in all the bushes surrounding the pool. There are Solo cups laying right at the pools edge. Not to mention it smells disgusting! Nothing has been swept or cleaned in who knows when.

Oh, and lets not forget, the garbage area. What was once an easily maintainable area has turned into what now looks like a landfill. It smells and looks atrocious! Broken furniture, beds, and trash pouring out of the dumpster. Not to mention the tons of bags laying ALL around it. Horrific!!!

I have only covered just a few things about the outdoors of this complex. I could go on and on about how you have to tend to everything online when maintenance is needed inside of your home and it isn't tended to for over a week, sometimes nearly a year. Or the fact that most units need new carpet or kitchen floors. Painting and things of that nature are only half way tended to. Some buildings have leakage between the walls which causes an infestation of roaches. Or there is now a NONrefundable fee for deciding to move in a new roommate. Or they will add the application fee for said potential roommate to your personal account, without speaking with you first. Leaving an even larger bill at the beginning of the month. Said roommate can offer to pay application fee of $75.00. However, they overlook this and simply add it to the bill WITHOUT a word to you. I could honestly sit and write about all of this for hours but, hopefully I have given you enough incentive to look elsewhere to find the home of your dreams because this is NOT it. Why do I still live here you may ask. Well, if I decide to break my lease, aside from all the absurd rent and ridiculous monthly fees, I'd have to pay two months rent up front. So I must endure these deplorable conditions until my lease is up. Sad, but true!

So in closing, One star is an over reach for this place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 04:18 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
I've lived there for over 10 years. My experience has been good but I agree with the garbage. Its become a constant issues with stacks of trash bags outside of the dumpster. I also agree it was better run by Signature Properties. The office staff was friendlier and they knew you by name. A former property manager was rude to me on the phone one time. Maintenance has slacked a little and I miss the Friday socials they use to have in the clubhouse when signature ran it. I haven't had a terrible experience though. The parking has gotten a lot better. It use to be that if you weren't home by 7pm it was hard to find parking spots. A few years back they added more spots by making all the parking spots smaller so it is a little aggravating when someone's car door is inches away from your car. One thing I do hate since Carroll Companies took over is that maintenance just comes in your apartment to change air filters without advanced noticed. I heard someone was getting out of the shower in one of the apartments and didn't know maintenance entered the apartment so that's a privacy issue.. When Signature Properties ran it they posted a note on the door and gave you notice. But for the most part my experience at CityView has been good and I have been fortunate to have had good next door neighbors over the years.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 08-06-2018 at 05:23 PM..

Old 08-06-2018, 04:35 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,258,709 times
I had to stop reading at the canine rectal part.
Who on God's green earth though of that?
No one, no way is invading my pets sensitive areas u less there is a medical reason, and done in a vets office by a licensed vet/tech.
I would never agree to such malarky!

Old 08-06-2018, 05:07 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
The DNA patrol for pets goes a little too far in my opinion. But the only pets I've had were gold fish

Old 08-07-2018, 05:36 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
BC1960, any chance the OP is related to you?

Old 08-07-2018, 06:58 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,380,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
BC1960, any chance the OP is related to you?
LOL! Definitely not, although we may share a birth year? It is a funny coincidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point