U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:15 PM

5,661 posts, read 24,678,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
I can't believe Aloha Airlines went under! I used to live in Hawaii, they have been there almost as long as Hawaii has been a state! :O
Aloha Airlines began flying in 1946 under the Trans Pacific name. Hawaii didn't become a state until 1959.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 12:21 PM

2,031 posts, read 6,142,150 times
Default Greensboro, Have you learned your lesson?

Forget attracting these low cost junk airlines.
Why pump money into adding more gates at PTI just for the luxury of flying somewhere for $10.00? The math doesn't add up.
Keep concentrating on attracting warehouses to the airport area, once FedEX
starts up and create JOBS. PTI would make more money by hauling more cargo than cheap seats on a junk airline and Greensboro will be better overall.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:51 PM

4 posts, read 12,167 times
I was supposed to fly with them this Thursday! Had to contact Bank of America to get my money back. I went from paying 156.50 roundtrip to over 400.00 to fly with someone else in such short notice! It sucks!! But I guess it was to go to be true!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,158 times
Angry I Missed Out On SKYBUS Too! How AWFUL!

Yep! Never got the chance to fly with them at least one time! Is PTI Airport really a tough place for low-cost travel? I sent AirTran an email the other day, asking them if they would consider coming back to PTI. Just over 5 years ago (!), I flew on AirTran out of Greensboro at least twice! I wish they would bring them back! I enjoyed both trips, and had NO complaints. And the prices were very competitive too! I really don't feel like driving to Charlotte or Raleigh, especially when we have our own top-notch airfield!!! How can we help bring back AirTran? Ideas, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&KsMom View Post
Effective April 4th they are no longer in service!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:12 AM

148 posts, read 533,006 times
Wow. I just flew skybus last week. I loved the low-cost flights, but I wonder how much they wasted on some of the more high-cost items they were offering for sale on the flights. I don't thin many people flying a budget airline carry $200+ to spend on jewelry.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:38 PM

779 posts, read 2,932,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Aloha Airlines began flying in 1946 under the Trans Pacific name. Hawaii didn't become a state until 1959.
My point exactly. "Almost as long" does not go one direction, silly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point