Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:42 AM

3 posts, read 7,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny catwoman View Post
I'm planning to move to NC in about a year. I live in upstate NY with a couple acres in the country. I'd like to find a nice rural town where I'm within a half hour of a city (Greensboro ?) and be able to have animals without any restrictions. Trees, some hills, pretty scenery and good schools are important as well as affordable ($100,000 or less) housing with a couple acres would be nice. Does anyone have info about some small towns. I have read some threads on Asheboro, but that's kinda big for me. I'm wondering maybe about smaller towns around the area. Thanks for any help. Also any info about area wildlife I should be careful of would be great.
I just moved into a little town on the outskirts of greensboro called "summerfield". great place, very quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 06:47 AM

3 posts, read 7,164 times
Default The perfect place for you

I just moved into a little town on the outskirts of greensboro called "Summerfield". Great little town, nice and quiet, friendly people.
Wilhay

Old 07-23-2008, 08:50 AM

9 posts, read 22,096 times
Pleasant Garden and Climax area is probably what you're looking for. I live in Climax and it's rural with the convenience of Greensboro - 20 minutes away, Asheboro 25 minutes away and Burlington 35 minutes away. South of Greensboro, North of Asheboro. Good luck w/the move. Don't let the rednecks scare you off......they're just all mouth and no substance! haha
Welcome! It'll be nice to have some new neighbors that don't drool.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,676 times
mocksville is a great town.davie county is great

Old 11-17-2008, 05:15 AM

2 posts, read 4,506 times
I agree with CarolinaTeacher, the SW area of Randolph County is the best. The schools are great and the area is nice. I live on the north end of Asheboro near Randleman. Its close to Greensboro and High Point, yet far enough away from the traffic and the noise.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:57 AM

3 posts, read 12,780 times
I live in Brown Summit, GREAT AREA. Country everywhere. The problem you might find is that the prices for anything with land are high. The area is great but the triad area is still priced high. You just have to decide if you want country or city and then that will determine your price. Hope you find what your looking for. North Carolina is a great place to live!!!!

Old 11-23-2008, 04:52 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,869 times
We used to live in Randleman, and moved away BECAUSE of public schools. As far as I know, there are no "charter" schools in Randolph County. There are a few private schools, mostly Christian based. For the most part, public school or home school are your only options in that area.

Most of Randolph County is still rural, so the zoning for your animals should not be a problem. But schools can be, and real estate prices are all over the page. Good luck though on your move!

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point