U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 13,748 times

Advertisements

I have recently been researching Greensboro area, and have found a house to lease with purchase and i really love the house. I am about to sign the lease, and I tried to found out how the neighborhood is in that area. Its in the FOxcroft subdivision on Pleasant Valley Rd...off Randleman Rd. Its me and my teenage daughter, and were moving there for the college, and a better oppurtunity. If anyone can give me a general idea on how the neighborhood is there or around there...I would so greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 04:03 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,895,626 times
I live in Foxcroft. (My house is also on the market. ) We've lived here for almost 10 years now and have never had any problems. It's a quiet, family neighborhood. My only complaint is some people drive above the 25 mph speed limit. That's always irked me. Other than that, I can't say anything bad about Foxcroft.

I wish y'all the best.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:46 PM

thanks for the info, is the area around or outside of the subdivision good? thanks again!!

Old 04-10-2008, 12:59 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,895,626 times
I've never heard of any problems. That's not to say that nothing bad ever happens. Bad happens everywhere. (Even in the best areas.) But it's not out of control or common. The closer you get to I-40, the worse things get. Especially once you cross I-40. You get closer to Florida Street then and things aren't good there. But that's several miles away. The crime stays around that area and hardly ever crosses over I-40.

From what I've seen and heard, most people around here are just regular, decent, hard-working families.

Foxcroft is barely in the city limits. Though I expect the city will continue to expand over time. If you continue down Randleman Rd. a few miles, you'll be in Randolph County. A very rural county.

If you take Ritters Lake Rd. (across from Foxcroft, after you pass Wolfetrail) or Spur Rd. (further down Randleman Rd. at the blinking light), they will take you to Pleasant Garden. A lovely, small town. You can be there from here in less than five minutes.

Wal-Mart, Lowes, Hollywood Video and a few fast food places are closeby. Just take Wolfetrail to Elm-Eugene St. and make a left. I've never heard of anything bad happening around there.

There's another housing development across from Wal-Mart on Elmsley (which runs into Randleman Rd.) and some apartments as you get closer to Randleman Rd. coming from Elm-Eugene St. on Elmsley. If there is any crime going on there, I'm not aware of it.

If you take a right on Old Randleman Rd. from Randleman Rd., it's mostly older homes, then 220 and then the elementary school. Once you pass the school, things get pretty rural. I've also never heard of any crime problems around there.

We're right on the edge of city and rural, being close to both.

So that's pretty much it for this immediate area. Other than the Food Lion shopping center, CVS, Fieldstone housing development and beyond, going towards I-40. (Which I think might be business 40 now.) I pass by Food Lion a couple times a week and am at CVS a few times a month or more. I've never had any problems there (or the Wal-Mart area) and have never been nervous to go to these places.

I've lived on this side of Greensboro (nearly 10 years in this house, a few years in Pleasant Garden, and a couple years right outside of Randolph County) for the better part of 16 years and feel right at home here. Like I'm a part of it and it's a part of me. I don't know where we'll end up once our house sells though. (Whenever that will be. lol) We're looking all around the Triad pretty much.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. I hope I answered your questions adequately.

All the best.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:57 AM

thank you so much for your feed back!! I signed the lease, and i am very much comfortable with my decision. I really appreciate it! Thank you thank you thank you!! I am so excited.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,120 times
Wondering if you could help me out. i'm looking for the HOA for Foxcroft to get some information. Any info would be SO appreciated! Thanks!

Old 11-30-2009, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,654 times
hello! I am looking to move to the area as well. Maybe we will see each other/meet each other once I am there! Thanks everyone for the feedback...it was so useful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point