U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:19 AM

20 posts, read 81,506 times

Advertisements

My wife and I plan to move to North Carolina from PA sometime this year. I will retire in june and our house goes on the market mid-june. We just spent a week in Kernersville looking at homes and getting to know the town and the people-----we love it!!! We have spent a lot of time in the past few years looking all around NC but we found Kernersville to be our favorite. The people at church treated us like old friends, the housing is soooo much less expensive than PA, the property taxes are about one third of ours and it is a nice quiet and small town.
If anybody is looking for a good house in eastern PA----I know where you can get one.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 07:13 PM

210 posts, read 446,169 times
Kernersville is the town of choice for some of the people I work with. They enjoy the proximity to Greensboro. We saw some nice homes there, but I wanted to be close to my job in WS. You will absolutely love being here after PA. The winter was wonderful! We didn't have to shovel snow or slush for the first time in many years. We moved from Massachusetts!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:16 AM

20 posts, read 81,506 times
I can understand why living in Kernersville might be a bit too far to drive if you work in W.S. or Greensboro---I will be retired so it just seems like a perfect place for my wife and I. At the most, I might get a part-time job just to keep busy......Thanks for your response

Old 06-17-2008, 12:49 AM

75 posts, read 357,100 times
My husband is from PA, and we considered living in K-ville when we were looking for a new home. He loves the area, especially the fishing.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:01 AM

525 posts, read 1,925,465 times
Kernersville is perfect if you want to be smack in the middle of the triad. You can get to High Point, Winston-Salem or Greensboro in a matter of minutes. It's a small town but growing, and close to just about everything.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:57 AM

10 posts, read 27,312 times
Default Moving to Kernersville

You will love the area. I am from New York. Kernersville has the small town community feeling and the people here are so nice. It's great being half way between the ocean and mountains.I will save you some time and let you know where the true Italian restaurants are. I remember we use to take coolers on our visits up north and pack them to bring the goodies back with us. Good luck to you. .

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-27-2008 at 03:44 PM..

Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 AM

29 posts, read 90,918 times
Make sure whoever you are working with in real estate shows you the Sedge Garden side of Kernersville (which is partially in Winston-Salem and where I live).

Bluedevil, pray tell, where ARE the good Italian restaurants? I've given up on finding them!

Old 08-28-2008, 07:17 PM

779 posts, read 2,932,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeCallingNCHome View Post
Make sure whoever you are working with in real estate shows you the Sedge Garden side of Kernersville (which is partially in Winston-Salem and where I live).

Bluedevil, pray tell, where ARE the good Italian restaurants? I've given up on finding them!
Ditto on that. Elizabeth's Pizza on north Battleground has some fantastic wood-fired pizzas, but I'm still discovering the area. Do tell Bluedevil! Do tell.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:20 PM

54 posts, read 115,148 times
Porticello in Greensboro is excellent Italian. The best we have found in NC. We are from up North.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 AM

525 posts, read 1,925,465 times
Italian restaurants in Greensboro that don't suck.
Milano Pizza
Elizabeth's on north Battleground and lawndale
Cafe D'arte (if they are still open) on Dolley Madison
Amalfi Harbor on Market
Cafe Pasta on State Street is pretty good
Positano on Lawndale in the Target Shopping center is yum
Pastabilities on Lawndale

There's one there near Best Buy off Stanley road whose name escapes me that used to be pretty good but I haven't been there lately.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point