Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 12:19 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,149 times

Advertisements

Buisness North Carolina:
Quote:
Guilford County is set to knock growth expectations out of the ballpark as the region leverages its strengths in advanced manufacturing, aerospace and even the arts.
Broken down in this comprehensive article which breaks down the leading industries and various growth trends.
There is also an 18 page PDF if you prefer.

*Article is not behind a paywall*

https://businessnc.com/guilford-coun...ay-for-growth/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 05:53 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,643,889 times
Nice article, although very "fluffy", kind of like those city profiles in airplane magazines.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:49 AM

475 posts, read 684,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Nice article, although very "fluffy", kind of like those city profiles in airplane magazines.
Speaking of which, the 'Piedmont Triad' (a reference I do not care for) is the spotlight metro in July 2019's American Airlines onboard magazine.

Looks like a decent-sized section, although I didn't pay close attention after noticing the 'Higher Education' piece omitted North Carolina A&T and WSSU.

There were a few ads throughout the magazine that referenced 'Greensboro-High Point, NC', much in the same vein as Raleigh-Durham or Minneapolis-St. Paul. I wonder if that will ever take off. http://www.greensboro-highpoint.com/

In addition, there was the reference to the area + Fayetteville as the NC Core (also saw ads for this in the airport). https://nccarolinacore.com/

Last edited by gold15; 07-15-2019 at 09:01 AM..

Old 07-15-2019, 08:54 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,149 times
Very informative, We may see record breaking growth if these trends continue and these cities continue to wotk together, similar to how Raleigh and Durham worked together. Greensboro-High Point is also pretty catchy.

Although i do agree with Edward somewhat. I never knew aerospace was that massive of an industry in the triad.

Last edited by YinXyang; 07-15-2019 at 09:10 AM..

Old 07-16-2019, 05:58 PM

10 posts, read 11,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold15 View Post
There were a few ads throughout the magazine that referenced 'Greensboro-High Point, NC', much in the same vein as Raleigh-Durham or Minneapolis-St. Paul. I wonder if that will ever take off. http://www.greensboro-highpoint.com/
You gotta love how "Greensboro-High Point" people cherry pick their data and facts to include Winston-Salem assets (see the education section of the above website) when they need to in order to bolster their argument, but leave out Winston-Salem from the branding.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:23 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhin99 View Post
You gotta love how "Greensboro-High Point" people cherry pick their data and facts to include Winston-Salem assets (see the education section of the above website) when they need to in order to bolster their argument, but leave out Winston-Salem from the branding.
It would help if Winston-Salem would join the effort. Seems like Greensboro and High Point are totally on board working together and realize what's good for High Point is good for Greensboro and vice versa.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
It would help if Winston-Salem would join the effort. Seems like Greensboro and High Point are totally on board working together and realize what's good for High Point is good for Greensboro and vice versa.
Why is your assumption that W-S hasn't attempted to join or doesn't want to join the effort?

Old 07-17-2019, 10:23 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhin99 View Post
Why is your assumption that W-S hasn't attempted to join or doesn't want to join the effort?
Greensboro and High Point would not turn Winston-Salem away if it wanted to join so I don't know what the reason is. I know its been tried a few times and things seem to fizzle out. What ever happened to the Heart of the Triad proposal which would have called for a development to turn the region's economy around similar to what RTP has done for the Triangle?

Old 07-17-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Greensboro and High Point would not turn Winston-Salem away if it wanted to join so I don't know what the reason is. I know its been tried a few times and things seem to fizzle out. What ever happened to the Heart of the Triad proposal which would have called for a development to turn the region's economy around similar to what RTP has done for the Triangle?
Winston-Salem wouldn't turn Greensboro and High Point away if they wanted to join a better regional effort, so why would you assume anything other than Greensboro and High Point made a deliberate decision to go their own way?

Old 07-17-2019, 12:26 PM

511 posts, read 510,926 times
W-S is not included on this site because it says it's from "© 2017 Guilford County Economic Development Alliance."

Winston IS included on other websites like Piedmont Triad Partnership - Bringing together the business community in the triad region, as it should be.

I'd imagine Forsyth County has a similar website boosting it's municipalities too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point