U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 03:46 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,046,250 times

Advertisements

It would also be good to know if commuting is a factor.

For instance, it wouldn't make any sense to live in Burlington if your job is in High Point or High Point if your job is in Burlington unless you just happen to enjoy a 40 mile +/- one-way commute on a busy interstate, or unless you have some other strong reason that hasn't been mentioned yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 05:00 PM

21,267 posts, read 30,535,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Is that what was used to paint you into this two poor choice options corner?
No, but thanks for the useless smartass remark.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
It would also be good to know if commuting is a factor.

For instance, it wouldn't make any sense to live in Burlington if your job is in High Point or High Point if your job is in Burlington unless you just happen to enjoy a 40 mile +/- one-way commute on a busy interstate, or unless you have some other strong reason that hasn't been mentioned yet.
Commuting would not be a factor.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I'm not as familiar with High Point, but Burlington has some interesting spots.

Burlington and High Point are almost equidistant from Greensboro 5 minutes difference.

Burlington is closer to Chapel Hill and Durham. High Point is closer to Winston.

I don't know that I would pick either if I needed to live in that area. Why is the choice between those two?
I find that a perk as well as Hillsborough which is a cute town for day trips etc. The choice is between the two due to work options.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:52 PM

10,736 posts, read 11,388,710 times
Do you HAVE to live where you work? I know there are a few professions that require that. Or maybe you don't drive?

At any rate I would probably pick Burlington just because I'm more familiar with it. Elon is right smack dab beside it too and has the university there and some decent restaurants. Burlington has some nice historic homes, too.

If I needed to be in that general vicinity and didn't have to live in the town that I worked in and was willing to drive I would pick Greensboro in a hot minute over either of those two choices.

Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Do you HAVE to live where you work? I know there are a few professions that require that. Or maybe you don't drive?

At any rate I would probably pick Burlington just because I'm more familiar with it. Elon is right smack dab beside it too and has the university there and some decent restaurants. Burlington has some nice historic homes, too.

If I needed to be in that general vicinity and didn't have to live in the town that I worked in and was willing to drive I would pick Greensboro in a hot minute over either of those two choices.
I do drive but have been spoiled rotten by a ten minute commute where I live now, and have zero desire to go back to a 30 minute (or worse) commute. I like the Elon/North Burlington area as well and am leaning in that direction I believe.

Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM

You could check out Saxapahaw, too. Or Mebane.

The drives are nice around there in the country. My kid goes to school in Saxapahaw and I drive 30 min out there everyday. It's an easy drive.

Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM

Quote:
You could check out Saxapahaw, too. Or Mebane.

The drives are nice around there in the country. My kid goes to school in Saxapahaw and I drive 30 min out there everyday. It's an easy drive.
Saxapahaw is probably beyond my commute comfort zone, but like what has been happening in Mebane in recent years. I lived in "Chapelboro" many years ago (in the 90s for 7 years) and downtown Mebane was pretty much abandoned then.

Old Today, 10:22 PM

I guess it depends on where you will be working in Burlington. You might check out Graham also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point