U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2008, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Uptown CLT (4th Ward)
2,560 posts, read 7,719,209 times
Reputation: 423

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMOM View Post
My husband is already down there and has been talking with many, many people. It seems that the general feeling is that W-S is way built up, that Clemmons is following that trend and that actually, Lewisville is the place to buy. What are your thoughts on that???
Since I know the area like the back of my hand...PERSONALLY I am not a fan of Lewisville. There is basically nothing there. Most people that live in Lewisville either have to drive to Clemmons or Winston-Salem to do anything and even eat anywhere decent. Lewisville is nice...but has never had a good of name as Clemmons. Clemmons is more Upscale. Just a personal opinion.

See when you say that Clemmons is following the trend (getting built up)...what does that tell you. Clemmons sells itself. VERY VERY deisrable....you have to think "Re-sale"....Clemmons sells itself.

Personally I LOVE Charlotte...but if I ever moved back to the Triad (and that might happen)...I personally would never consider anywhere except CLEMMONS or ADVANCE/BERMUDA RUN.

You can just say that you live in Clemmons/Bermuda Run and the 1st thing that comes to people's mind is "nice"!

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 05-19-2008 at 11:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2008, 07:58 AM
 
39 posts, read 105,066 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Since I know the area like the back of my hand...PERSONALLY I am not a fan of Lewisville. There is basically nothing there. Most people that live in Lewisville either have to drive to Clemmons or Winston-Salem to do anything and even eat anywhere decent. Lewisville is nice...but has never had a good of name as Clemmons. Clemmons is more Upscale. Just a personal opinion.

See when you say that Clemmons is following the trend (getting built up)...what does that tell you. Clemmons sells itself. VERY VERY deisrable....you have to think "Re-sale"....Clemmons sells itself.

Personally I LOVE Charlotte...but if I ever moved back to the Triad (and that might happen)...I personally would never consider anywhere except CLEMMONS or ADVANCE/BERMUDA RUN.

You can just say that you live in Clemmons/Bermuda Run and the 1st thing that comes to people's mind is "nice"!

GOOD LUCK!

As the public schools of huge importance to us and our budget is $325,000 or less, we're going to focus our search on homes that are in the Jefferson or Meadowlark elementary/middle school districts and hopefully Reagan high school. Thanks for all your help though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Uptown CLT (4th Ward)
2,560 posts, read 7,719,209 times
Reputation: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMOM View Post
As the public schools of huge importance to us and our budget is $325,000 or less, we're going to focus our search on homes that are in the Jefferson or Meadowlark elementary/middle school districts and hopefully Reagan high school. Thanks for all your help though!
Anytime. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Uptown CLT (4th Ward)
2,560 posts, read 7,719,209 times
Reputation: 423
And one side note...Clemmons Middle School is not in Clemmons. It is in Winston-Salem off of Fraternity Church Rd.

Near Clemmons but it is not in Clemmons.

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 05-20-2008 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 06:48 PM
 
6 posts, read 10,208 times
Reputation: 11
My husband and I moved to Lewisville from California. Medical issues of a family member moved us to Kentucky a few months later. We miss Lewisville so much, we are planning to move back next summer.

Lewisville might be a small town, but 10 minutes up the 421 to the Hanes Mall area and you have everything that you need. My son went to West Forsyth High and loved it! He actually misses it and still communicates with his AP English teacher. We felt so bad that we had to leave. My two smaller children went to Lewisville Elementary and it was a great school! After only a couple of times in the office, the staff knew my name and new who my children were and knew who their teachers were. You don't get that in California, I was very impressed!

If you like the more "country" type atmosphere, Lewisville is better than Clemmons. For a smaller type town, Clemmons has a hustle-bustle feel with a TON of police presence. Where I'm from, that usually means there is trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Uptown CLT (4th Ward)
2,560 posts, read 7,719,209 times
Reputation: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by carynm View Post
My husband and I moved to Lewisville from California. Medical issues of a family member moved us to Kentucky a few months later. We miss Lewisville so much, we are planning to move back next summer.

Lewisville might be a small town, but 10 minutes up the 421 to the Hanes Mall area and you have everything that you need. My son went to West Forsyth High and loved it! He actually misses it and still communicates with his AP English teacher. We felt so bad that we had to leave. My two smaller children went to Lewisville Elementary and it was a great school! After only a couple of times in the office, the staff knew my name and new who my children were and knew who their teachers were. You don't get that in California, I was very impressed!

If you like the more "country" type atmosphere, Lewisville is better than Clemmons. For a smaller type town, Clemmons has a hustle-bustle feel with a TON of police presence. Where I'm from, that usually means there is trouble.
No. There is no trouble or crime per say in Clemmons. They have more Police cause Clemmons is 15 times more built up than Lewisville. That is the reason. Watch the news. How often do yu hear about crime in Clemmons?
Lewisville is nice but has never had a good of name as Clemmons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2008, 10:33 AM
 
39 posts, read 105,066 times
Reputation: 19
Default Decided on 27106

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Anytime. Good luck!
Hi,
Have just come back from our official house hunting weekend. We as a family prefer W-S to both Clemmons and Lewisville. I guess it's just a personal preference when it comes down to it. The house we've chosen is in zone 5 and will go to Vienna, Jefferson & Mt. Tabor - and we're happy with that! Thanks for all your advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2008, 12:54 PM
 
676 posts, read 2,802,608 times
Reputation: 771
Cool, I know for a fact Jefferson Middle School is the best around. You chose a good district and a nice area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top