U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:01 AM

39 posts, read 105,044 times

Advertisements

We have narrowed it down to these two areas of Winston and the entire area of Clemmons. Does anyone have an opinion as to which they prefer and why? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 01:17 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,717,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMOM View Post
We have narrowed it down to these two areas of Winston and the entire area of Clemmons. Does anyone have an opinion as to which they prefer and why? Thanks.
While 27104 and 27106 are nice areas...CLEMMONS all the way. Clemmons has become quite an upscale suburb and under 10 minutes to Hanes Mall area and 10-15 minutes to downtown Winston-Salem and 30 minutes to PTI Airport.

Clemmons is a great place to raise a family...and also Tanglewood Park is located in Clemmons too. Can't beat the schools either.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 05-15-2008, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,212 times
Default Have you decided?

Quote:
I live in Bucks County Pennsylvania, my husband just took a job in Winston-Salem 27106 area, and I have narrowed our apartment hunting down to 27104 & Clemmons. Which did you decide on, and why? I have a teenager so I need a good/safe high school also as well as a small pet.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:07 PM

Default Getting closer to a decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukieOne View Post
I live in Bucks County Pennsylvania, my husband just took a job in Winston-Salem 27106 area, and I have narrowed our apartment hunting down to 27104 & Clemmons. Which did you decide on, and why? I have a teenager so I need a good/safe high school also as well as a small pet.

Hi, yes - we've pretty much decided to stick with the Winston-Salem zip codes. I've done a tremendous amount of research as far as the schools are concerned and our preference is for neighborhoods that end up in the Mt. Tabor or Reagan high schools, which is mostly Winston Salem zip codes 27104 and 27106.

My husband is already down there, we're just waiting for the end of the school year and the sale of our house.

Where in Bucks County are you? I'm writing to you from Princeton, NJ!! Not far away at all!!

Old 05-16-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Hi, yes - we've pretty much decided to stick with the Winston-Salem zip codes. I've done a tremendous amount of research as far as the schools are concerned and our preference is for neighborhoods that end up in the Mt. Tabor or Reagan high schools, which is mostly Winston Salem zip codes 27104 and 27106.

My husband is already down there, we're just waiting for the end of the school year and the sale of our house.

Where in Bucks County are you? I'm writing to you from Princeton, NJ!! Not far away at all!!
Clemmons is GREAT!

GOOD LUCK

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 05-16-2008 at 12:21 PM..

Old 05-16-2008, 12:15 PM

Default Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
I would re-think...while the 27104 & 27106 areas are nice...Clemmons definately TOPS them. Bet in a few years you wish you would have moved to Clemmons.

GOOD LUCK though!
why will we wish that we had moved to Clemmons? Clemmons Middle has awful test scores and no one can tell me why......

Old 05-16-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
why will we wish that we had moved to Clemmons? Clemmons Middle has awful test scores and no one can tell me why......
A personal opinion. I live in Charlotte but grew up in Winston-Salem. Have thought about moving back eventually. I personally would NOT consider any area of Forsyth County except Clemmons. Very very good reputation (public schools don't concern me). I have talked to many a people that moved to W-S and wish they would have moved to THE place to live in Forsyth County...Clemmons

My parents moved to Advance (Bermuda Run West) about 4 years ago. Clemmons/Bermuda Run is the place to live.

GOOD LUCK though!

Not putting down those area in W-S at all...27104 & 27106 are great ZIP codes...just a personal preference.

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 05-16-2008 at 12:48 PM..

Old 05-16-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
A personal opinion. I live in Charlotte but grew up in Winston-Salem. Have thought about moving back eventually. I personally would NOT consider any area of Forsyth County except Clemmons. Very very good reputation (public schools don't concern me). I have talked to many a people that moved to W-S and wish they would have moved to THE place to live in Forsyth County...Clemmons

My parents moved to Advance (Bermuda Run West) about 4 years ago. Clemmons/Bermuda Run is the place to live.

GOOD LUCK though!

Can you be more specific? If the public schools are not a concern to you, what is it about Clemmons that gives it a very, very good reputation - seeing as it's a very family oriented area?

Old 05-16-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Can you be more specific? If the public schools are not a concern to you, what is it about Clemmons that gives it a very, very good reputation - seeing as it's a very family oriented area?
Clemmons sells itself.

Have you talked to a Clemmons Realtor...not a W-S realtor that gave you information about Clemmons...that is 2 different things...consult a Realtor in Clemmons. Not trying to confuse you...but I lived in the W-S area for about 27 years including Historic West End in W-S for years.

My parents built there house in Clemmons in 1980 for about $100,000 (not including land) and sold it 4 years ago for 1.6 million. That is a return for your money. Location, location, location. Granted it was on almost 6.75 acres in town (Clemmons) but that is a good return for your money.

West Forsyth is a good High School. Can't speak for any other schools for we went to private schools before West Forsyth.

You should really visit Clemmons and talk to some residents & a Clemmons Realtor. They can also sell you a home in W-S if that is where you decide to go. Clemmons is very much sought after.

Good Luck!

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 05-16-2008 at 02:17 PM..

Old 05-19-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Clemmons sells itself.

Have you talked to a Clemmons Realtor...not a W-S realtor that gave you information about Clemmons...that is 2 different things...consult a Realtor in Clemmons. Not trying to confuse you...but I lived in the W-S area for about 27 years including Historic West End in W-S for years.

My parents built there house in Clemmons in 1980 for about $100,000 (not including land) and sold it 4 years ago for 1.6 million. That is a return for your money. Location, location, location. Granted it was on almost 6.75 acres in town (Clemmons) but that is a good return for your money.

West Forsyth is a good High School. Can't speak for any other schools for we went to private schools before West Forsyth.

You should really visit Clemmons and talk to some residents & a Clemmons Realtor. They can also sell you a home in W-S if that is where you decide to go. Clemmons is very much sought after.

Good Luck!
My husband is already down there and has been talking with many, many people. It seems that the general feeling is that W-S is way built up, that Clemmons is following that trend and that actually, Lewisville is the place to buy. What are your thoughts on that???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point