Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 04:35 AM

6 posts, read 13,972 times

Advertisements

catamount - thanks for the suggestion about Kinderton. Everything I've seen is beyond my budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 04:40 AM

6 posts, read 13,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I know it is confusing, but "independent living" is part of the jargon of continuing care facilities (CCRC). It is a level below assisted living, and it does not mean "no services". CCRC's make their money providing services to people who can afford them. Typically, healthy people in their 50's would not be looking at a CCRC. It is for less healthy people or those approaching their 80's and 90's with substantial equity in their homes to cash out. I think you should be looking for "active adult" or "55+" communities.

Here's more on the CCRC business:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cont..._United_States

Here are articles which provides costs:

https://www.kiplinger.com/article/re...community.html
Continuing Care Retirement Community: Can You Afford It? | Money

The Money Mag article is enlightening. Thanks.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:32 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalookin View Post
Nice of you to reply. I still would like to hear what these fees are at BV - there has to be someone who has owned a condo there or knows someone who does. I'm astounded by all this secrecy. I think I am at the point now to not even consider it. Sounds like a money pit.
I doubt that current owners are on this forum. As they are in a CCRC, they are likely over 80 years old. Former owners are either in a nursing home or dead. Their heirs might be around, but stuck with a condo that's hard to sell.

If you are really curious about the fees, I think you would have to contact the BV agents.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:57 PM

4 posts, read 4,077 times
Did you ever find out what the monthly fees are for Bermuda Village?

Old 06-13-2021, 05:51 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhauser View Post
Did you ever find out what the monthly fees are for Bermuda Village?
Have you tried calling and asking? I don't recall seeing anyone on this forum who is a resident there.

Old 09-30-2022, 06:38 AM

1 posts, read 454 times
Default Hoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalookin View Post
Looking at condos in Bermuda Village. Many are priced thousands below tax value. I saw one listed at 98,000 which had a tax value of almost 200,000! What's the deal? We're NC natives looking for a place to retire in the next couple of years and BV looked great - until those red flags! Can anyone explain that? Also - can anyone give us an idea of HOA fees? We're looking at properties on Hollybrook Dr. Thanks so much!

Ifound this
What are the fees to live in Bermuda Run NC?

The total cost of housing, food, child care, transportation, health care, taxes, and other necessities for a single adult in Bermuda Run is $36,986 a year — less than the annual cost of living for North Carolina of $38,661 and less than the national figure of $38,433.

Old 09-30-2022, 04:18 PM

921 posts, read 749,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsToo View Post
Ifound this
What are the fees to live in Bermuda Run NC?

The total cost of housing, food, child care, transportation, health care, taxes, and other necessities for a single adult in Bermuda Run is $36,986 a year — less than the annual cost of living for North Carolina of $38,661 and less than the national figure of $38,433.
Can you post a link to your source. I'm thinking thats not exactly what the poster was asking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point